Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I’d say close to ten; new rad, new intercooler, new bumper, lower body cladding, and some general body work on that bumper.
No, MB513 is really close as they did not replace the intercooler or radiator. Basically it's bumper cover, core support, fender, headlight, impact bar, reservoir bottle, misc emblems..... and some small dings to the other side where the bumper cover wrapped around and hit the cargo and passenger door. It's been a long process as I had the body shop preorder everything in before I dropped it off for it's scheduled 10 day repair. But, were going on day 11 now. Hopefully it's done as the Ford next to it is a rattle trap.:D

·
Registered
259 Posts

Mines headed back to the body shop at the end of Feb (yes they are that booked) for a new hatch and bumper cover. Paid for by someone else.

·
Registered
200 Posts
No, MB513 is really close as they did not replace the intercooler or radiator. Basically it's bumper cover, core support, fender, headlight, impact bar, reservoir bottle, misc emblems..... and some small dings to the other side where the bumper cover wrapped around and hit the cargo and passenger door. It's been a long process as I had the body shop preorder everything in before I dropped it off for it's scheduled 10 day repair. But, were going on day 11 now. Hopefully it's done as the Ford next to it is a rattle trap.:D
I wish my accuracy came from the revenue side of this business, but sadly, it comes from the check writing side.:crying:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just remember: was your CPA not working?

You can sue MB for big money if it didn't brake the van for you.

About the price, my sister CLA got rear ended and they fix the back for $14K so I guess you're about $17K.

·
Registered
939 Posts
CPA is the thing that beeps at you alerting that you may crash in order to help you avoid it.

Now the w213 will brake for you. I was screwing around in the shop acting like I was going to hit someone when the car took over and slammed on the brakes. Was neat. (Also kind of puckering)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They ended up replacing the wheel on the drivers side due to scrapes and had to order the TPMS and won't be in for a couple days. They are saying it's built into the new valve stem. Is that correct?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm hearing this second hand as I didn't talk to the body shop (wife did). But, i'm thinking maybe the valve stem can't be rebuilt like other vehicles. And that's why they need to order one. IDK

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, they are saying it (tmps) was damaged in the accident and a new one is being sent from Germany to be installed at a later date. But, anyways I picked up the van today and my wifes having both the front tires replaced since they were worn out with the infamous edge wear. The van has been aligned at the bodyshop. So hopefully I no longer have uneven tread wear. I will post up some pics of the repair and the cost. If she makes it back!!! :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here it is!!!! It looks okay but the drivers headlight seems to be pushed back more than the other side. Gap is uneven. So, I'm sure it still needs more work. When, she wrecked my infiniti. I had to send it back for panel realignment and the wrong headlight. They put a sport headlight in a journey edition that has a slight gunmetal gray tint that's only visible in the sunlight. It's like these guys (bodyshops) don't care and send it out anyways. Hoping you don't notice. Also, i'm sure they are being beat down on price from the insurance companies. Total was $5,420.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
CPA is the thing that beeps at you alerting that you may crash in order to help you avoid it.

Now the w213 will brake for you. I was screwing around in the shop acting like I was going to hit someone when the car took over and slammed on the brakes. Was neat. (Also kind of puckering)
I thought Metris doing the same. I had an incident last year almost hit the car in front and thought it helped braking the van for me but looks like I did brake in time to avoid the accident. My mom's CLA250 same 2016 is braking for us.

Surprised you didn't go with a painting it the same color as the body.
I think his car doesn't have the paint option in the beginning.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts