Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my van in about 2 weeks bc the washer fluid wasn’t coming out the front. They check the van told me I needed a new washer system and it’s on back order and they don’t know when it will be in. So now this how I have to wash my windshield. I’m starting to get annoyed with this company and van.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sad that a large company like Mercedes doesn't stock parts to fix the cars they've imported in the import country. Especially In the NY Metro area. Also, why would they design a windshield washer specially for the Vito/Metris. Seems like they should have specced are least part of the w/s washer from the Sprinter. GML? Robb?

·
Registered
939 Posts
No, they spec'd it from MB, but put a label from Sprinter on it, which means it has to be ordered as a Sprinter part which means its not available. When we first got Sprinter, we ran out of Sprinter om642 oil filters. That's right, the same filter that's in GL, ML, R, E. But they had to order them because Sprinter.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I crash my van bc the windshield is too dirty to see out of who is responsible? I was on the highway and a flock of geese unloaded over the highway I was on and guess who had to pull over and get the spray bottle out “this guy” me.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still waiting for parts. I had to refill my spry bottle. I wonder if Mercedes-Benz will reimburse me for all the car washes I had to get just to clean the windshield

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still no update with my parts. Where or who can I call to file a complaint with Mercedes-Benz. At the end of the day I don’t think it’s my dealer fault the only thing we is the parts ship out of Germany.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Still no update with my parts. Where or who can I call to file a complaint with Mercedes-Benz. At the end of the day I don’t think it’s my dealer fault the only thing we is the parts ship out of Germany.
MBvans has a customer number on the site. At the very least MB will end up calling the service manager to see whats going on. Sometimes it helps get them back in gear.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I’m waiting for all the components for the windshield washer.
Which parts? All the components could include the nozzles, pump, reservoir, cap, filler, etc. I'm curious about what is actually wrong with your car, and what specific part is holding up this repair. For example, if it's a cracked pump, you could buy a new one yourself. They appear to be readily available from other sources.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Which parts? All the components could include the nozzles, pump, reservoir, cap, filler, etc. I'm curious about what is actually wrong with your car, and what specific part is holding up this repair. For example, if it's a cracked pump, you could buy a new one yourself. They appear to be readily available from other sources.
I’m waiting for all of that. They are replacing the whole system. I didn’t get a specific answer on what is wrong I was just told the whole system has to be replaced

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I though it was bad cleaning the bird poop off now with the pollen it’s bad I got to the point I had to spit on the windshield.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well parts haven’t ship from Germany. So I still have to wait. Looks like next ship date is June 11

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sorry to hear about these delays.
It seems odd that they have to replace the entire system.
What happened that you needed to have the van examined?
B

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry to hear about these delays.
It seems odd that they have to replace the entire system.
What happened that you needed to have the van examined?
B
I notice one day that the fluid wasn’t coming out so I filled up the reservoir thinking it was empty or low but it filled up rather quick try it again and still nothing so to the dealer it went. They gave me back the van saying parts or on back order with no eta (back in beginning of April) April 19 I was told parts will be shipping in May. May 8 was told parts has shipped. May 30 was told parts will be shipped June 11. Let’s see what happens.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts