Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In driving in the snow last night, the driver side wiper became so clogged with snow and ice that it would not clear anything. I stopped at an Advance auto to get an aftermarket windshield wiper. The rainx was the only one that says it fits on a Metris. After spending twenty minutes in the freezing cold, I was unable to get the wiper blade to come off the arm. The owners manual was rather unclear about how they are to be removed and then replaced. I know I am very stupid, but I need help with this problem as I will be driving blind until I can fix this issue.
thank you..

·
Registered
401 Posts
In driving in the snow last night, the driver side wiper became so clogged with snow and ice that it would not clear anything. I stopped at an Advance auto to get an aftermarket windshield wiper. The rainx was the only one that says it fits on a Metris. After spending twenty minutes in the freezing cold, I was unable to get the wiper blade to come off the arm. The owners manual was rather unclear about how they are to be removed and then replaced. I know I am very stupid, but I need help with this problem as I will be driving blind until I can fix this issue.
thank you..
RainX don’t fit the metris even tho it says they do. You have to get ome ones.

·
Registered
196 Posts
the best to change the wiper, is at your dealer or any MB dealer, I use to fix my cars myself and I had the same problem as you, stopped at Checkers and ended at the dealer, good luck, one of those things that mercedes benz is known for., proprietary wipers :-(

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am not able to put a link but looked on ebay there is him who sells it

partscontainer

Mercedes W447 Metris TDI 16-17 Front Windshield Wiper Blades Set 700/450mm Bosch

$39,25

Very simple has replaced

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am not able to put a link but looked on ebay there is him who sells it

partscontainer

Mercedes W447 Metris TDI 16-17 Front Windshield Wiper Blades Set 700/450mm Bosch

$39,25

Very simple has replaced
Or

aliexpress.com

Legua Wiper blades for Mercedes Benz V Class V220 V250 W447,(2016+),18"+28",car wiper,Boneless wiper,Car-styling

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, that is what I discovered. The MB dealer in Naperville, Illinois is useless for Metris. They do not sell them and know nothing about them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts