Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I added antifreeze to my Metris. Today as I left the house the alarm beeping for hood open started. I've opened and closed the hood, looked for loose connections, and restarted the vehicle numerous times to no avail. This vehicle is still under warranty but the nearest dealer that will service it is 2 1/2 hours away. Does anyone have an idea of how to disable this beeping? It drove me crazy today and I have a full work schedule tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Posted this in the wrong section and cannot figure out how to delete it. The problem is corrected now. It was caused by a loose grommet evidently left from an assembly line error in the hood latch module.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yesterday I added antifreeze to my Metris. Today as I left the house the alarm beeping for hood open started. I've opened and closed the hood, looked for loose connections, and restarted the vehicle numerous times to no avail. This vehicle is still under warranty but the nearest dealer that will service it is 2 1/2 hours away. Does anyone have an idea of how to disable this beeping? It drove me crazy today and I have a full work schedule tomorrow.
If it makes noise when the car is turned on, that means you are hearing the alarm siren. If battery in siren fails, siren will beep continuously.
Sometimes just unlocking the vehicle would be enough to stop the bad alarm
Try to disconnect the car battery and see if the noise continues, the siren would be the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts