Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fiancee asked me if we can do it. I was hesitant at first since I'm not a big Christmas-y spirit-kind-of-guy, but it's for a week or so... actually looks nice on white/grey. 24" artificial wreath center surrounds the MB Star nicely. Even a few thumbs up and smiles from people in parking lots and valet.

Attachments

Reactions: Tree95

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do they make a chanukiah?
Is that like the Menorah roof racks? I know I seen some before, especially when I visited NYC around this time several years ago.

Side note: It was the wreath or the window antlers/red ball nose on the grill. Definitely wasn't going for the later. :grin:

Happy Holidays & New Year to all the members!

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Fast religious lesson- a menorah is a 7-armed religiously themed candalabra with six ordinary arms one primary "shamas" candle used to light the others. It is representative of gods eternal light, and is not a symbol of chanukah.

A chanukiah is a special derivative of menorah. It has 9 arms, one for the shamas, and eight to represent the eight days that the sanctified kosher oil burned in the holy temples menorah, allowing more oil to be processed.

And I have never in my life seem a car decorated for the holiday, which is not a major holiday, and not a particularly religious one- it celebrates a military victory over the Greeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts