Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have Metris Cargo and the veneers have not been installed yet.

I noticed if I hit with my fist on the roof (inside) then a loud thud/rattle emerges somewhere from the lower corners of the back of the car. It dissappears if the back door is open, but once its closed it's there.

Has anyone similar experience like this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
On a passenger model I recently bought, there was a kind of creak coming from the lower corner of the tailgate.
Turned out it was a rubber bumper that was making that sound when it slid a little against the body.
A dab of grease solved the problem. So all rubber bumpers for all the doors got the same (preventative) treatment.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi all, I have Metris Cargo and the veneers have not been installed yet.

I noticed if I hit with my fist on the roof (inside) then a loud thud/rattle emerges somewhere from the lower corners of the back of the car. It dissappears if the back door is open, but once its closed it's there.

Has anyone similar experience like this?

Thanks!
My first guess is that you're hearing the one-way exhaust vents suck shut. There is a vent in both rear corners under the bumper trim. They open with positive pressure inside the cabin. If the cabin is unsealed because a door is open, the vents won't do anything.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Actually they don’t do anything if a window is open. It’s a fascinating experience to have somebody close the tailgate while you were sitting in the driver seat with the drivers window open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts