Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my work, there will be times I'll need to run the engine for an extended amount of time (0.25 -3.00 hours), so 'high idle' was something in the plans of my purchase. From my research and speaking to someone, if you get the Parametric Special Module (PSM) option, the upfitter can 'easily' add High Idle Control (HIC) to the Metris. No PSM=No OEM'ish Solution. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a '16 Metris with PSM and the options I wanted.

Good news though! Local upfitter said that he made a call and one of his vendors said they'll be able to perform this in about 4-6 months. I believe it's going to be from Mid City Engineering from searching around. Their Sprinter version is kind of pricey, but will be the right choice for some.

http://www.midcityengineering.com/product/sprinter-smart-idle/

What you guys think?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While ordering does have it's Pros in that you can get the options just as you want, I believe one member here had a big issue with their order and erroneous issues happen all the time with seemingly no rhyme or reason with a the vehicle manufacture.

With that said, we needed a cargo van NOW, and waiting 3-5 months for delivery of a 2017 Metris just wasn't feasible and that 'need' didn't arise to after the 2016 ordering cut-off date. On top of that, the $3,500 in Customer Cash rebates on top of a significant dealer discount was enough to lure us in as it fit our budget. One dealer told us you'd have to have PSM (can't be dealer installed) to have HIC... just glad we found the right MBVans dealer that put us in contact with an upfitter who gave us some aftermarket options.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts