Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Im driving 2018 passenger Metris, got it brand new, and so far 30K miles on it, the only problem i had is the steering rack, had to replace it at 28K. Had crazy knocking sounds. My dealership was great at this. No questions asked, they replaced etire steering rack assebly.
Sorry for long post. Had to share some of the experience since im new to forum.
So speaking of the front cupholders, many people might like it cause they fit big bottles in them very snug, and i hate the fact they are huge and the cups are not stable in them., but they are cupholders, so i figured my way of doing it.
So the passenger vans have 2 more cupholders in the back. They simply inserted into cutouts. U can easily take the out, and unscrew the bottom part, and they became a perfect inserts for the front ones. They are of the perfect size for a regular coffee cups and little bottles of water.
So this is the way i did it. Wanted to share this with you guys. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
the only problem i had is the steering rack, had to replace it at 28K. Had crazy knocking sounds. My dealership was great at this. No questions asked, they replaced etire steering rack assebly
Mine simply stopped working while driving. It recovered after starting/stopping the engine, but then failed again 10 minutes later. Merc dealer says the entire unit (motor, controller, and actual physical steering unit) is one assembly. I was quoted $4100 but it was just out of warranty, and I'd been in the shop 4 times in the previous 3 months, and was back again for that problem AGAIN on top of the steering rack. The dealer said he got Merc corporate to shoulder most of the cost. I paid $800 and then several hundred more for the associated front end alignment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.