Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is a passenger model with close to all the options. Really satisfied with it so far.

My wife drives a late-model BMW X3. She disliked my 2012 Acura MDX - said it felt heavy and disconnected compared to her car. She like driving the Metris far more, says it drives like a bigger version of her X3.

I like it for the space inside - not much bigger than a minivan, but crossed some sort of critical threshold wherein sleeping in it isn't uncomfortable or claustrophobic. It's a terrific car to load up my surfboard and dogs and sleep at remote PNW surf breaks. Literally I just pull out the seats (back row is out nearly always already), throw in camping cot and some dog beds and hit the road.

Anyway, glad to have the car and that this supportive online community exists too.

Happy highways,

Hank

·
Registered
939 Posts
You the guy with the Metris and dogs on instagram?

Welcome. Same reasons I bought mine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not me Rob.

Where I surf (Westport WA in the depressed Grays Harbor Area) the parking lot is full of work vans - it's mostly grouchy blue-collar construction/commercial fishing guys in the water. A good number of older Sprinters in the parking lot mix, but mostly Ford/Chevy. If I was looking to "fit in" completely I'd be in one of those. But really it's always better to just own who you are, and the Metris will be a conversation starter, which is good, as talk bridges preconceived notions. I'm looking forward to that part of owning a Metris.

Hank

1 - 3 of 3 Posts