Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 cargo 126wb
270 Posts
I've seen all of this new member's posts so far. I think the early-80's AI program from the MS-DOS era called (I think) Eliza could do a better job of posting. In short, I think that "bot" is a better word than "spammer". If this continues I will put up a call for help to the admins. It's not even worth "ignoring".

·
Registered
943 Posts
I just want to know what the angle is.
How do I lose money to this bot?

·
Registered
2020 cargo 126wb
270 Posts
It did post a link in another thread. That may have been a nasty, don't know, didn't try it.

·
Registered
2020 cargo 126wb
270 Posts
On the other hand, the link I referred to (platform bed thread) doesn't appear to contain a valid URL. Maybe it's someone playing around, or a test for some purpose. Anyway, dunno, moving on.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,333 Posts
I just want to know what the angle is.
How do I lose money to this bot?
Typically a bot or spammer creates an account and lays down some posts to create a human looking profile. They often sleep for some time and then come back and post links or content used for SEO. You personally might not lose money to a single one, but sometimes the game is malicious. In this case they joined, posted some vanilla responses and then dropped a link unrelated to the content. Often there is a min number of posts to post before being able to post links etc. Bots simple tick away at the min and then post the links.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts