Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I just picked up a used 2016 Metris passenger van and definitely looking for tips and tricks as I settle in with this new (to me) van.

:)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Welcome! This is a very helpful forum. Best search tools are via Google or your Chrome address bar. Search syntax "site:www.metrisforum.com [search term]"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome superbiker! I also own a used 2016 Metris Passenger.

Let us know a little more about your van's factory options and how you plan to use it. Mostly city or highway or country road trips driving? (Probably you're hauling bikes?) Needing the seats too for hauling people, or are you mostly hauling gear? Van photos are always fun.

First thing, is your van still under warranty - 3 yrs or 36,000 miles? Get any warranty work done now!

If you haven't done so already, contact your local Mercedes Benz dealer or certified mechanic and check your VIN for any recalls & see if they were already performed on that van or not.
Be sure to get any recall work done, esp this year's fuel-line seepage recall. (Do you smell a slight "aroma of gas station" inside when the van has been sitting for a few days?)

You can also go to https://www.mbusa.com/mercedesme and register your van and VIN to get recall notices.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello! Sorry for the delayed response. :)

I'll have to get a catalog to know what the options are. :) I've got the passenger version with a 2-2-3 configuration for the seats.

I'm going to use it 50/50 people hauler / motorcycle hauler. I'm already tired of taking the seats in and out by myself, but I just keep telling myself its like going to the gym, but free. ;)

Unfortunately my van is out of warranty as it's got 98k on it. I found this site as I was searching for any info on the gas I could smell in the mornings, so here I am. I had the local dealer perform the recall and all is well. Thanks for the link! I will most definitely do that.

I've got some road trips coming up that will include hauling bikes, so once that happens, I'll snap some pics and share with everyone.

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts