Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

I am a new guy to your forums, I do not however own a metris.

I actually run our eBay store for our dealership, and I was pointed in the direction of the forums about some items some of our eBay customers had bought and were happy with what they had gotten and my service which as a single guy running a busy eBay store plus working at the dealership as well does mean a lot to me.

Here is a little bit about myself.

I'm a huge gear head I have been since I was a little kid. I have a tuned S4 and my wife drives a STI. I have been with Mercedes benz for just over 17 years so that says something about the brand. I have sent the admin a message about becoming a forum vendor/sponsor. I will not post up the link to our eBay store as of yet until I get the okay from them, I don't want to step on anyone else's toes.

We do carry only OEM factory parts for Mercedes Benz, we do not carry anything else due to quality not being the same as factory.

I truly look forward to helping out with parts questions in the future for the forum members and we try to do the best prices on OEM genuine parts that we can do for our customers.

Thank you

Jay

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi Jay,
I am glad you are on this forum!

I bought from you when you had the website and was pleased. Are you planning on getting it back up?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We plan on trying to get it back up and running at some point. The company who was handling it was great at first and went down hill with the site and then we had zero sales in our eBay store for about a month so we had made the decision to drop them. We do still own the site and domain page, right now it has come down to trying to get time to work on it and being short handed it is tough. I try to do what I can when I am at my part time job on the site but we do hope to have it going.

If there is anything you need you can message me on here. Like I said I'm waiting on the admins to get back about forum sponsorship or advertising on here a lot of companies sell car items but as far as commercial vehicles some dealers do want to try to push accessories or even mention they carry them. As you know we are the opposite when it comes to factory parts and accessories.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jay:
Am i understanding you correctly that you would sell out of the parts department of your dealership? Or do we have to use your ebay store?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jay:
Am i understanding you correctly that you would sell out of the parts department of your dealership? Or do we have to use your ebay store?
Right now we are trying to use what we have in our eBay store until we have our website back up and running again. I am just waiting on an okay from an admin to say it is okay to link it on here. But if there is something specific you are looking for you can send me a message and I'll be happy to see what I can do for you

Jay

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thank you Jay, you have been extremely helpful with a few orders via EBay, happy you joined here!

A lot of dealers shy away from the forums....to their detriment.

Reactions: Jay

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I talked to my manger he agrees that this is another route for us to not only sell items to forum members but well as help out as best as we can for any questions you guys and ladies may have down the road.

I'm glad you are happy with the eBay service I am the only one who takes care of the store and the amount of time I put into it and trying to make sure everything goes out correct hearing that makes it worth the effort. And we appreciate it big time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Jay, so two questions for you that I've seen come up that someone connected on the inside like yourself may be able to answer, both seat related.
If I have a 7 pass and want to make it an 8 pass my understanding is that I can't just buy the additional seat because it won't attach to the two banger that comes with the 7 pass. Instead can I buy a new middle row that has the two +one? If so how much roughly and how long to get it?
Second, I saw a recent question about someone trying to put some middle row seats in a Metris cargo, is this possible if I get the seats and the track and install myself?
Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Sully. With Mercedes it comes down to safety
In mind. We have had people with sprinters try to add seating or even for a different seat pattern
And Mercedes is against it. Their reasoning behind it is the way the vehicle they designed is the safest it can be for passengers and they wouldn't want to compromise that. I'm not saying it isn't possible but if they do offer it it won't be cheap but I can make some calls over the next few days and see what they tell me and let you know. That won't be an issue at all

·
Registered
3 Posts
Much appreciated. I can see where they might hesitate to enable us to install their rear pass seats in their cargo van but it'd be great if it was possible.
The being able to buy a new middle row seat that has a 2 + 1 configuration seems like an obvious yes. There's no modification going on there, just want to make a 7 seater in to an 8 seater, the hardware to do it is already installed in the floor so we just need the seats so we can snap them in.
Let me know what you find.
Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello again everyone. I took a break from the internet for a while so I am sorry for not posting.

We have been working on our website and we are happy to say it is finally up and running and we do have metros parts on there as well as in stock parts as well from headlights to tail lights so fast turn around time for shipping.

You can take a look around at www.mercedespartswholesale.com or you can find us on Facebook as well under the same name

Thanks again and I hope to be more active on the forums in the next few weeks to answer questions for everyone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was looking for you Sunday. I needed a tail light asap. Good to know you have the web site up and running.
Thank you. We try to keep them in stock I've sold quite a few in our eBay store along with oem headlights as well. Never know when a business owner lets a employee drive a van and damage one. We try to keep them in stock for that reason as well as less downtime for a vehicle as well.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Glad your site is up and running. Competition is a good thing. So how much are your heavy duty rubberized front mats for a 2016 Metris passenger van shipped to Seattle? MB Seattle wants $115.00. How much better are your prices for us on the West Coast?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad your site is up and running. Competition is a good thing. So how much are your heavy duty rubberized front mats for a 2016 Metris passenger van shipped to Seattle? MB Seattle wants $115.00. How much better are your prices for us on the West Coast?
Are you looking for the front driver and passenger sides? They are a thick plastic similar to the weather tech mats but not the rubber style. The only rubber style we do carry are for the second and third row which fits both the passenger and cargo vans. If they are for the passenger van they will need to be trimmed around the seat bases.

Please let me know and I'll be happy to take a look.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi Jay and welcome back! I purchased from you on the old site and was pleased. Do you know if there is a hood/bug deflector available for the Metris?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Jay and welcome back! I purchased from you on the old site and was pleased. Do you know if there is a hood/bug deflector available for the Metris?
I will take a look Monday for you and find out. I don't remember seeing anything come up recently but I will double check for you

1 - 20 of 24 Posts