Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone. I joined up because I'm intrigued by the Metris and am contemplating starting a livery service using an 8 passenger version as a transporter. (So no, unfortunately not an owner yet.) In the meantime, this looked like a great place to learn more about the vehicle.

My name is Tim, and I live in the Nashville (TN) area with my wife and a bunch of kids. :) (So a side benefit is that when my Metris is ready to retire from livery service, I could presumably use it for a few years for the family.)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello, everyone. I joined up because I'm intrigued by the Metris and am contemplating starting a livery service using an 8 passenger version as a transporter. (So no, unfortunately not an owner yet.) In the meantime, this looked like a great place to learn more about the vehicle.

My name is Tim, and I live in the Nashville (TN) area with my wife and a bunch of kids. :) (So a side benefit is that when my Metris is ready to retire from livery service, I could presumably use it for a few years for the family.)
Well that sure is one of the intended uses for a Metris. You'll probably find this on your own reading the forum, but for a livery type service people here suggest the additional AC option is a good idea. Not so much for when the car is moving as to keep things cool at the curb. Something to read up on before you make any order. (I didn't get it for personal use when I ordered my 2018 model.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, gentlemen. Yes, I was thinking that at a bare minimum I would need the upgraded air as well as the driver "comfort package" (not least for the softer suspension).

·
Registered
23 Posts

Hi Tim....I'm in Nashville also. Just picked up a 2016 with 34k miles last week in Franklin for my business, and I am loving it so far. Lot of knowledge on here that helped me and I'm sure will help you too, but glad to offer what I can. I'm a lifelong car geek with an addiction for German stuff and a wrench-turning habit that is necessary to keep the addiction going.

JT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts