Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cargo 2016 is always fully loaded and I'm not surprised that at 27k I've gotten my first dash message that I need to check brake pad wear.

Are these pads out there that would give me some longer life without giving up performance?

·
Registered
401 Posts
27k on a loaded van is great! I barely get that on my cars. :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish they weren't quite so dusty but having black wheels helps mask that a bit. I don't drive it hard, but I don't drive it easy - I'm very happy with the performance - just always looking for something better!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I would stick with OEM pads....they will give the best braking performance and less wear on the rotors themselves. Harder pads = more rotor wear and potentially worse braking performance

·
Registered
305 Posts
I went with Pagid pads. If there is any difference between them and the OEM ones, "I can't tell"! Basically, I went with the Pagins, because they included two wear sensors and also the caliper slide bolts. What's strange is my van is only equipped with one wear sensor. So. I guess I now have a spare for next time.

·
Registered
401 Posts
They switched to one wear sensor a long time ago....I am pretty sure the last model to have two was the W124....

Pagid are essentially OEM

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
To quote Dieter Zetsche, “Germans don’t care if their brakes make noise so long as they work. Americans don’t care if they work so long as they don’t make noise!”

·
Registered
305 Posts
To quote Dieter Zetsche, “Germans don’t care if their brakes make noise so long as they work. Americans don’t care if they work so long as they don’t make noise!”
Yeah, he must have said that after signing too many warranty claim checks made out to all the USA dealerships for customer squeaky brake complaints. Maybe Rob can tell us how many pads he's greased over the yrs. :D

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
My cargo 2016 is always fully loaded and I'm not surprised that at 27k I've gotten my first dash message that I need to check brake pad wear.

Are these pads out there that would give me some longer life without giving up performance?

Hello flacaproductions, NRS Galvanized brake pads are the longest lasting brake pads on the market, and even outperforming OE. Please visit here to learn more about this award winning technology at www.nrsbrakes.com

·
Registered
598 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
6 weeks... yea that doesn't instill confidence.
View attachment 17604

Hi MOWO!
the 6 weeks lead time include the quality controlled re-design, build, and testing that we go through for each new application that we add to our offering. You can see our process of the quality we put into our product by watching some great youtube videos by ChrisFix, Engineered Explained and Eric The Car guy discussing NRS Brakes.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
We have to wait a couple of months while you make them?
“No we typically ship within 24 hours. For a new application which we haven’t designed brakes for yet, it can take up to 6 weeks. If you let me know what vehicle you are looking for brakes for I can check lead times for you.”

1 - 16 of 16 Posts