Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
645 Posts
Another quick question. Did these come with the LED bulbs/drivers already installed or did you purchased led bulbs yourself? I definitely want to go LED vs Xenon HID. I read some sellers ship these with halogen high beam bulbs and no low beam bulbs. Thanks for providing the link... AKD seems to have a good product line.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's pretty much what the old boys said about my Datsun 510 before they were looking up my tailpipe running canyons (before that was a thing) or autocrossing. Live and learn.

The real crime of the emerging industrialized countries is the pollution we've managed to offshore to the third world to support our vulgar American consumption (my own included). Aw heck, what's a little irreversible climate disaster between friends?

But I do agree that Ali headlights are a very likely downgrade over OEM parts. I've been working through my van's house electrical setup -- long story short, I've become very grateful for Amazon's return policy. Virtually everything I've bought (not labelled Ancor or Blue Sea Systems) has been [email protected] unworthy of Metris.
I love the 510's. Growing up my father raced BMW 2002's in SCCA. He still has two race 02's and two 2800cs coupes. It was always fun seeing the 510's and 02's go at it on the track. He keeps telling me that he is maintaining them because one day they will be mines.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I love the 510's. Growing up my father raced BMW 2002's in SCCA. He still has two race 02's and two 2800cs coupes. It was always fun seeing the 510's and 02's go at it on the track. He keeps telling me that he is maintaining them because one day they will be mines.
You're a lucky guy! Of course as a teenager I wanted a BMW 2002 or maybe even a Cortina, but the 510 was great fun on my adolescent budget.

·
Super Moderator
Metris Cargo 135 2020
1,002 Posts
That video undeniable proves what I suspected from the other threads showing the areal view ... that these lights are blinding to other road users.

Just look at them driving around relative to the factory light, which passes code & inspection based on height of the light cutoff. You are well above that even at short range.

Then you are talking about how great these are for your safety and towing a trailer, so you will be able to see better.

Right, with complete disregard for other road users. Your headlights would have be dialed way down when towing. You may as well be running with bright lights on.

Sorry, but this is a two thumbs down.

And, why post this 4 different times with three other threads?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts