Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
just respectful curiosity my fellow metris owners, since the sharp lights of new cars are hurting my eyes especially on long drive on the highway in rainy night, I would like to know, what came onto driving public with need of lots of light, at first I was under the impression, that lot of drivers are using high beams instead of low beams, now I see, that is a trend, who is going to have the brightest light, am I wrong? I remember my VW beetle with one light bulb in each rusted reflector.
I did see fine in those days with that light, I see fine now, with the original metris lights, could it be the idea of high beam on motorcycles? Since now some cars have extra bright lights as they would not see right at night or have night blindness I do read, that the HID even Led give out 3x or more light, than the stock. Well they see and I am losing my eyesight :-( it's just a complaint from a man who remembers simple light bulb.
Thank you for reading my cry :) have a light that does not hurt other drivers please.... drive safe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys, UK Vito driver here. Just got my 2018 Vito with the ILS light option and I have to say they are pretty amazing, do you guys have them as an option on Metris over there?

My car that just went back was a Volvo XC60 with adaptive Xenons (bendy round the corner lights) but the ILS lights in the Vito are even better than those.

Cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi guys, UK Vito driver here. Just got my 2018 Vito with the ILS light option and I have to say they are pretty amazing, do you guys have them as an option on Metris over there?

My car that just went back was a Volvo XC60 with adaptive Xenons (bendy round the corner lights) but the ILS lights in the Vito are even better than those.

Cheers
Nooooooo...don't upset our American Friends Gossa. The LED Intelligent Lighting System is NOT available as an option in the USA on the Metris. I have them on my Vito, a $3000 option, and I think that there are un-belivebaly great.

Move along everybody, nothing more to see here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ah sorry to rub salt into the wound, no wonder you guys are all trying to fit aftermarket bulbs.

Do you have the LED rear lights as an option on Metris?

·
Registered
248 Posts

Cheers
Nooooooo...don't upset our American Friends Gossa. The LED Intelligent Lighting System is NOT available as an option in the USA on the Metris. I have them on my Vito, a $3000 option, and I think that there are un-belivebaly great.

Come on guys, don't be like that. I have them on my V class and they are awesome, even better than my BMW's Adaptive Xenon HID!!!.

:grin: Sorry Y'all had to do it!!!!

And No the Metris don't have the rear LEDlighs as an option, couple of guys here had retrofitted them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Come on guys, don't be like that. I have them on my V class and they are awesome, even better than my BMW's Adaptive Xenon HID!!!.

:grin: Sorry Y'all had to do it!!!!

And No the Metris don't have the rear LEDlighs as an option, couple of guys here had retrofitted them.
Agree, the ILS lights are better than the adaptive Xenons on the my Volvo and the rear LED's look sweet, I'll get some night time images up and maybe they're retrofittable over there. They are easily changed LHD to RHD in the instrument settings for when I drive in Europe (or for you guys in the USA).

·
Registered
181 Posts
Agree, the ILS lights are better than the adaptive Xenons on the my Volvo and the rear LED's look sweet, I'll get some night time images up and maybe they're retrofittable over there. They are easily changed LHD to RHD in the instrument settings for when I drive in Europe (or for you guys in the USA).
You guys suck....lol

·
Registered
76 Posts

$3K? Even I'm not that anal retentive to pay 10% to upgrade my headlights.
Does anyone know how much venison that could buy?

·
Registered
51 Posts
$3K? Even I'm not that anal retentive to pay 10% to upgrade my headlights.
Does anyone know how much venison that could buy?
I thought long and hard about ticking that box on the order form but I am 100% glad that I did. When you leave the freeway and head towards the coast and you have to cross a small range with a whole lot of 180 degree switchbacks climbing then dropping a couple of times before you hit the coastal plain, it's one less thing to worry about late on a Friday night. The move from high beam to low beam is a progressive increase in beam height, width and depth as opposed to an off / on situation. They are awesome and elegant.

And by the way, my Vito was AUD$60,000....so that's 5% for the ILS and worth every cent.

Did you know they see around corners too ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, I had some time this morning and I installed HID's in the fogs and Headlights. Also installed yellow DRL bulbs and an LED Star. LED bulb also installed in reverse lights. No splicing of any wires and no tap connectors. I included a picture of the wire used to power the LED Star. I just pushed out one the empty plugs on the driver side headlight plug and put the wire through the plug and bent the wire into the next pin which powers the head lights. LED star turns on when the car is unlocked/headlights are on. HID's are plug and play. No errors on the dash. I also installed an LED bulb on the rear hatch courtesy light.

I will start a new thread once I get some night shots. I will post all links of where I purchased everything.
what brand is it im looking for my 2017 metris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings, had our Metris for about 8 months now and one of the first things I do to all our vans is swap the conventional halogen lamps out for the Sylvania Silverstar's. But for some reason this Metris van keeps "eating them" .... right one went out in January after about 4 months and now the left just went out over the weekend. Would love to do a HID bulb kit conversion on this van but with this new style plug in bulb holder/carrier it uses it would not be a simple plug-n-play swap like others.

Anyone else have issues with their Metris consuming headlamp bulbs, factory,aftermarket or otherwise? Or has anyone done a HID conversion kit to theirs, and if so details on it?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike -
You are correct. I have a 4 year old Metris with 87K on it and I am running out to pick up my 4th low beam bulb. It doesn’t sound terrible, however I am sitting in my 15 year old excursion with 426,037 miles and have never replaced one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, I had some time this morning and I installed HID's in the fogs and Headlights. Also installed yellow DRL bulbs and an LED Star. LED bulb also installed in reverse lights. No splicing of any wires and no tap connectors. I included a picture of the wire used to power the LED Star. I just pushed out one the empty plugs on the driver side headlight plug and put the wire through the plug and bent the wire into the next pin which powers the head lights. LED star turns on when the car is unlocked/headlights are on. HID's are plug and play. No errors on the dash. I also installed an LED bulb on the rear hatch courtesy light.

I will start a new thread once I get some night shots. I will post all links of where I purchased everything.

I tried to install this kit but couldn't locate where to plug the orange adapter into? Have any pics?

41 - 59 of 59 Posts