Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Look Nice! Glad I can help. I need to take a picture of mines when I get a chance.
looking forward to the step-by-step thread. I'm looking to do the headlight/star/fog conversion. Hope it comes with video instructions. lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just google how to do whatever you want on a Mercedes Vito instead of metris. Lots of YouTube. If you search in English you'll get tons of information from the brits aussies and South Africans. The Vito's (Metris in USA) are very DIY all over the planet. The working class Mercedes vehicles are a pleasure to work on and designed for serviceability like no others. EuropartsSD seems to have good parts/filters etc availability, very reasonable too. When you get to the bigger services as the van gets older, search for parts in Spanish and you'll save a bundle. I've found this to be true with all of my Mercedes, not joking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there I am just new for the mercedes-benz metris can you please explain how to connect HID light step by step and the star ? with photos if you can.
Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Disappointment...my "star" arrived broken this afternoon. Box from Amazon was just big enough to hold the star. Box was not taped shut, just closed with flap. No damage to box, but two of the clips holding the chrome to the back piece were just flopping in the breeze. On it's way back to Amazon for refund.

On another note, how did you guys get to the grill fasteners/clips on the passenger side? I could use a long screw driver but risk breaking the tabs. Unless I'm missing something, looks like you cannot remove the OEM star without removing the grill...a 30 minute job it is not.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Disappointment...my "star" arrived broken this afternoon. Box from Amazon was just big enough to hold the star. Box was not taped shut, just closed with flap. No damage to box, but two of the clips holding the chrome to the back piece were just flopping in the breeze. On it's way back to Amazon for refund.

On another note, how did you guys get to the grill fasteners/clips on the passenger side? I could use a long screw driver but risk breaking the tabs. Unless I'm missing something, looks like you cannot remove the OEM star without removing the grill...a 30 minute job it is not.
That stinks. My star came in piece and with no problems. And yes I did remove the whole grill.

·
Registered
11 Posts
HID Installed

I can say I have installed the HID lights from DeAutoKey and it looks darn amazing . Will post a picture soon. I also changed out the fog lights. All HID's

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can say I have installed the HID lights from DeAutoKey and it looks darn amazing . Will post a picture soon. I also changed out the fog lights. All HID's
I have them also. I also have them in my fog lights. Easy to install and gives great light output. I have had them in for 7 months now with no issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Curious did you also change out the High beams ? What did you do with those lights because they are the yellow halogens ones currently and they sometimes turn on during the day. It seems its like on a low setting. ?

·
Registered
470 Posts
decisions decisions.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts