Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had the h&r springs installed today.
It feels good with a definite improvement in throttle and steering response. The negative camber up front is a bit aggressive, so I will monitor the tire wear over the next few weeks. Keep in mind I do have the GLK350 20" amg wheels installed. The car is certainly still very compliant and comfortable from the drivers standpoint.
I wanted to show some before and after photos for those that are thinking about lowering their rides ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Makermark The lift would be cool in the pursuit of off road ability. If they bring us the 4matic, I am game for a semi-overlander themed monster ;)

It does not rub at all and I have yet to bottom out with a small to medium load. The only negative I have felt is with deep dip and then rise kind of road "bumps" when the van rebounds it is much quicker and stops rising quickly which translates into a spring effect for the occupants. Similar to most vehicles that are highly dampened with reduced travel. It takes speed bumps like a champ and there is zero "bounce" associated with an over sprung under damped system. I suspect that the future holds some form of airbag rear suspension to have a better range of control with different loads....and to keep it level at all times (I hate the "dumped" look of some lowered vehicles).

Overall, I am happy with the springs. My wife and daughter are super critical when something rides rough, but they are thumbs up all the was so far!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Tad Byd,

Looks very nice. I have questions, if you don't mind. About the wheel fitment, what is the width and offset of your GLK wheels? Cost of kit and cost of installation? Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it looked a bit "slammed" at first with the 2.1 degrees of negative camber in front. The alignment shop sorted it out and now it looks MUCH better!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts

.... also installed H&R springs in base model cargo worker. I’m diggin’ it, still have full utility, great ride loaded or unloaded. Still properly nondescript (for clandestine camping) yet also the raked look that may garner a second glance from fellow car nerds. Used factory camber adjustment offset bolts, no increased tire wear, although finding proper specs on our old Hunter alignment rack was futile, took best guess. Will post alignment spec guesses.

·
Registered
9 Posts
View attachment 17563
.... also installed H&R springs in base model cargo worker. I’m diggin’ it, still have full utility, great ride loaded or unloaded. Still properly nondescript (for clandestine camping) yet also the raked look that may garner a second glance from fellow car nerds. Used factory camber adjustment offset bolts, no increased tire wear, although finding proper specs on our old Hunter alignment rack was futile, took best guess. Will post alignment spec guesses.

....after spring install, the alignment measured per the top photo, no info in Hunter machine for proper toe (would show red or green to indicate spec). For general lack of knowledge and usually common sense as well, I just zero’d it out per lower photo. Seems to track as original, no apparent undue tire wear. Photo of vehicle on dirt road has 20, 2x8” x 8’ boards in cargo area as well ( however much that weighs) so you can see how it handles relatively minor load distributed along entire cargo floor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts