Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a passenger metris and use it for carrying people and wanted something more VIP looking than utility with the high lift.

H&R has sport springs available. Lowers about 1.2-1.3 , not too aggressive so I pulled the trigger.

Van handles good. Front I would say no loss in comfort. Looks nice, not extremely low, its like a SE trim Sienna wheel gaps.

Rear however is way too stiff for passengers. Had to remove the springs because of this. It was very bouncy.

It's funny since the driver and front pass would not notice. 2nd row people would not have a problem either.

Only the back row people would have crazy 'jumps'.

Anyways hope this helps people considering this product.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I almost pulled the trigger as well, until I almost bottomed out with 3 people and 3 bicycles

·
Registered
271 Posts
I personally would not modify the Metris in such a way, especially whilst under warranty. It also changes the vehicle's driving dynamics mostly for the worse. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I own a passenger Metis since March of this year, it is a Demo 2018 model with comfort suspension. I have the H & R put in a week or so after and running on 18" Enkei TFR with Michelin Primacy MCM4. I have to say the Van ride fine, ride even better when it is loaded up. I have to say i am happy with it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Try stiffer shocks? I think the passenger vans have too soft of dampening in the rear, especially when loaded with cargo in the way back.

...wait I reread. "Too stiff" as well, so yeah not a solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts