Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reimo is approved in Europe. Ask GRTV if you are interested. Looks like they are only using the cargo version on the first units which raises a question about the seat in the rear. I guess as long as they are installed by an approved upfitter, they are legal for passengers, but again, ask GTRV and your insurance company.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I asked GTRV about the warranty question and they didnt get back to me. Reimo Americas is working on certification and Recon camper told me they are waiting for the MB upfitter version to be available in the US (6+ months).

The GTRV looks nice!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just mainly wanted to bump this thread with some updates on GTRV westy Metris conversions. I have a '17 cargo van awaiting conversion so I'm probably biased toward them and also probably not the best one to update this discussion but here goes anyway��(also building my post count)��

·
Registered
50 Posts
All conversion parts are now US sourced. Roof, cabinets, seat/bed etc.
Main differences are:
No more track system in floor thus rear seat is fixed, adds approx 1 in. to vertical space.
New popup roof design but still in familiar v-form, upper bed folds rearward rather than single piece that attaches to roof.
Swivel mount is standard for pass. seat optional for driver seat
It's unclear if a table will be set for a floor mount or on a turning arm mount.

There is probably other items I am forgetting but you should check out the pix at gtrv.com and the video on the facebook page or via twitter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts