Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I ran into a deli for breakfast I doubled parked. someone came in asking who Astro van was doubled parked he came up to me “ since I look like a construction worker” and ask if it was mine and I told him I don’t drive an Astro van I went out side and it was my van blocking him he was mad at me bc I told him it wasn’t my van I told him this isn’t an Astro van it’s a metris.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The other day I ran into a deli for breakfast I doubled parked. someone came in asking who Astro van was doubled parked he came up to me “ since I look like a construction worker” and ask if it was mine and I told him I don’t drive an Astro van I went out side and it was my van blocking him he was mad at me bc I told him it wasn’t my van I told him this isn’t an Astro van it’s a metris.
Don't be too insulted! Astro Van is like Kleenex for small commercial van!>:D

·
Registered
111 Posts
he most likely doesn't even know what a Mercedes is if he cant identify the star on the van :grin:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It still says Mercedes-Benz Benz where it would say Astro. He could of came in saying who Mercedes-Benz is double park. He also got an attitude when I didn’t answer to who has the Astro van I though there was a real Astro van outside.

·
Registered
248 Posts

:grin:

I think he deserved it for assuming that “ since you look like a construction worker” you must drive a van

·
Registered
72 Posts
Metris with tailgate has a Silver Star on the rear. M-B needs put the Silver Star on rear panel doors, like the Sprinter has.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Metris with tailgate has a Silver Star on the rear. M-B needs put the Silver Star on rear panel doors, like the Sprinter has.
I kinds of wish it didn't say Mercedes at all. Some people say, "oh so your driving a Mercedes now", "must be getting rich" But, in reality the van didn't cost much more than the competition. Which, is what I tell them. It's mainly the employee's (maintenance men) of the commercial accounts I service who talk smack. Haven't gotten any comments from the residential customers.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got comments from many people on my cargo van in fact many people that comment never knew Mercedes-Benz had a van like this and are interested in buying one now. I also price out other cargo van and came down to metris and ford and I paid 3k less for my metris then what ford wanted for thier transit connection

·
Registered
72 Posts
I kinds of wish it didn't say Mercedes at all. Some people say, "oh so your driving a Mercedes now", "must be getting rich" But, in reality the van didn't cost much more than the competition. Which, is what I tell them. It's mainly the employee's (maintenance men) of the commercial accounts I service who talk smack. Haven't gotten any comments from the residential customers.
For six years I worked out of a Sprinter branded as a Dodge and never a comment. When I got my '14 Mercedes branded Sprinter, lots of comments! Comparable Ford Transit with diesel costs more!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Actually, there isn’t really a premium. The Transit Connect is a size class down from the Metris; I suspect a Transit Custom (Fords entry into the full size Transporter class) would not be measurably cheaper than a Metris.

·
Registered
72 Posts
No Ford Transit Custom available in the US, so the closest to a Metris is a full size Transit Cargo low roof 130"WB. It starts at $32, 285, so not cheaper than a Metris.

·
Registered
81 Posts
No Ford Transit Custom available in the US, so the closest to a Metris is a full size Transit Cargo low roof 130"WB. It starts at $32, 285, so not cheaper than a Metris.
AND, at 84" high and 220" long, the Ford Transit Low Roof isn't exactly "garageable". The parking garages hereabouts all have 7' (84") clearance, while the home garages I've seen are closer to 83".

·
Registered
72 Posts
AND, at 84" high and 220" long, the Ford Transit Low Roof isn't exactly "garageable". The parking garages hereabouts all have 7' (84") clearance, while the home garages I've seen are closer to 83".
An EU Ford Transit Custom 130" LWB low roof is definitely more in line with a Metris/Vito.... 80" high and 211' long for the Ford.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts