Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you go for service do you leave your tools and equipment in your van or do you remove it all? I have a bunch of tools and equipment in my van I am a handy man and every time I go for service I remove everything. I wonder what other do.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I (as a service technician) use customer's tools whenever possible in order to keep my own tool collection clean. Also if I lose a customer's tool, its still in their vehicle, so really, no harm, no foul...

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I hope would hope Robb is being sarcastic;

I leave my possessions in my van, most of which are not particularly valuable or resellable. I also leave fifty cents in quartersin a door pocket; I always check for them. Dumb thieves take both, slightly less dumb thieves take one. My dealer has never stolen either; their affiliated body shop took both; don’t know if it was malicious or not. (They May have removed that door panel; nothing else was missing).

However one time either a body shop or my dealer removed the spare fuses I had stored in the spare fuse holder in the fuse box of my W124. It wasn’t worth the fight over fuses so I just replaced them.

(Btw: in your toolkit of spare things to keep in your vehicle, a set of spare fuses is a must. A set of the less expensive relays related to important drive systems is another. It’s a lot better to drive into the dealer than flatbed)

·
Registered
196 Posts
nice question, I would say, go to dealer but don't give them the keys to the car, that way, nobody will be able to take your stuff, or mark all your tools with yellow fluorescent paint, no mechanic will touch that, I know, my first job in US of A was a mechanic in VW service. :) Snapon came every week and wanted lots of money for skrewdriver and stuff :-( don't trust mechanics, they are like doctors wrong diagnostic and they will charge for it lots of bananas. :) Don't worry be happy :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im just going to keep pulling my stuff out btw I have yet to get my van back the same day so I can’t really keep tools in there.

·
Registered
300 Posts
When you go for service do you leave your tools and equipment in your van or do you remove it all? I have a bunch of tools and equipment in my van I am a handy man and every time I go for service I remove everything. I wonder what other do.
In case you don't want to spend time to remove them take a few pictures of all the most expensive tools in the van by the time you drop your van off at the dealer and send them to the service adviser.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In case you don't want to spend time to remove them take a few pictures of all the most expensive tools in the van by the time you drop your van off at the dealer and send them to the service adviser.
I though about that like I mentioned before I never got my van back the same day always been a few days. I can’t keep tools in there for a few days bc then I cant work.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get another set of tools. Come on, you're driving a Mercedes >:D:grin::laugh::surprise:
I’m driving a Mercedes that’s has problems like a Toyota even if that. My van been going to the dealer every 2 month it looks like. :|

1 - 11 of 11 Posts