Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All - I could not find any good data on how many Girl Scout cookie cases would fit in a Metris. I have learned a lot from this forum and wanted to share my experience.

Attachment shows 186 cases with room to share. Not the most amazing fact…but necessary if you are ever volunteered / volunt-old for pickup. Thankfully, cookie season is over!
  • 2nd & 3rd row Seats out (and rear cupholders)
  • Driver seat as forward as possible w/o impacting safety (I’m 6’2”)
  • Made sure kids loading used every available square inch. They were hesitant to load area near sliding doors
  • I did not notice any interior marks from the cardboard boxes but still made sure cases were not rubbing against glass for 15 mile drive home
  • Did not have any cases in forward driving section of van
  • I did not estimate weight, but assumed <2000lbs capacity
I estimate that we could have squeezed 200 cases if we used up the remaining space utilized area between driver/passenger.

Enjoy!

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I spent yesterday buying all the pond pebbles I needed to cover a 10x20 area with enough pebbles to park my old E class. Like 6000 lbs in three trips. It didn’t even break a sweat. Girl Scout cookies? Bah!

·
Registered
2020 cargo 126wb
270 Posts
I would not be averse to carrying 20 cubic feet of crusher run in my Metris (cargo), but I would want to prepare the floor before shoveling in the stone, both to protect the van and also to ensure I got all of the stone out of the van afterwards. I see you bought pond pebbles, but I also know you have a passenger model, which has a carpet. So...How did you prepare your van to receive this much loose stone? Or am I missing something?

Come to think of it, a small formed plastic kids wading pool would be ideal for this application. Next time I want to bring home some stone I'll know what to do.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
You are missing two things: first is that the pebbles were bagged. The second is that in 2016, and I think still, carpet in the passenger van is actually optional, and I don’t have it. I have a TPO floor. A shop vac and a wet towel took care of what leaked out of the bags.

i did Scratch up the paint on my bumper, but I don’t really care about that. YMMV.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Not all passenger models have carpet, mine has the vinyl floor, and its awesome. (Kid proof!!)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not Girl Scout cookies, but Three windsurf boards to the left, one windsurf board and beach skateboard to the right. Sleeping area in between. Under the platform are 7 sails, 6 masts and 5 booms. Room at the back for suitcase and cooler. Left Arroyo Grande, CA at 2:30 am on Saturday and arrived in Corpus Christi, TX 2:30 pm on Sunday 1850 miles in 36 hours. Metris was perfect! New Michelin defender tires are great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts