Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

261 - 274 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just checked my VIN and it looks like I will also be getting this recall. Interesting...this is the 3rd major recall in 2 years for my 2017 Metris Worker. First was seat belts, then Transmission and now gas leaking hose. Is this considered normal and acceptable? Its my first new car :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had this recall work done last week on my 2016 pax van. Was getting “A” service and ended up not having van for three days while waiting for fuel lines....no weeping on my OEM fuel lines.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Zero recalls for my 2017 passenger (built May 2017).....

·
Registered
303 Posts
I just checked my VIN and it looks like I will also be getting this recall. Interesting...this is the 3rd major recall in 2 years for my 2017 Metris Worker. First was seat belts, then Transmission and now gas leaking hose. Is this considered normal and acceptable? Its my first new car :)
No, not normal...pretty bad IMO. This is two recalls for me...and nearly had the infamous piston wrist pin issues that some have had...they have to remove the engine to replace them. I love my van, but I'm not impressed with MB quality.

·
Registered
209 Posts
FYI
I received Recall Notice today. READ yours Carefully, because it states the repair will NOT be done unless a leak is detected. It may not have had enough miles accumulated Etc. for the leak to start according to others posts on here that it was not noticeable until quite a few thousand miles. We do not have even 5K miles yet and warranty expires December 2019, so we are going to hang on to the letter for the future need if arises. I have had Recall work done on vehicles prior we owned since new that were over 10 years old, at No Charge

·
Registered
19 Posts
We first noticed a gasoline smell in the middle of the night when camping in British Columbia last summer.

A month later we noticed the smell again.

Now it happens once or twice a week. Sometimes shortly after we turn off the engine. Sometimes 12-18 hours after we turned off the engine. Mostly we smell it outside the van, near the gas tank filler or near the front of the van, though sometimes we smell it inside the van.

The dealer can't figure it out. They find no evidence of a leak. No message on the computer. They say it would smell all the time if we had managed to get gas into the charcoal ventilation canister.

Any insights?
There was a recall About two years ago for a gasoline connection that failed. Mine failed during a really cold morning. The liner that is under the whole bottom got soaked so it took a while to get a replacement.

261 - 274 of 274 Posts