Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I wish I could find corn free gas. Where the heck do you get it?

I use 91/92/93/94, whatever the highest is at that station. I'm more brand oriented. I live in a fairly poor area and most of the stations are discount, or run by the goose- which I refuse to buy from because of their discriminatory labor practices.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Always use what is recommended in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm in Niagara. Closer to you than Winterpeg.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I honeymooned in Winnipeg by accident. Personally I think it's the second nicest city I've ever been to (after Jerusalem), and if I could ever get approved for a work visa up there, I'd be on the road ASAP.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The tech at the shop told me to use 87 when it gets really cold (around 10F or so). Might even give better performance. Unfortunately, I don't pay much attention to performance unless I want to get to 30mph really fast.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I wish I could find corn free gas. Where the heck do you get it?

I use 91/92/93/94, whatever the highest is at that station. I'm more brand oriented. I live in a fairly poor area and most of the stations are discount, or run by the goose- which I refuse to buy from because of their discriminatory labor practices.
What is "the goose"?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Winnipeg is close to where I live. I use 87 till my wife told me to follow recommendations.
Mercedes Winnipeg gave me a very bad experience so I didn't buy my metris there.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I've been mixing it up. Some fill up 87, but majority 93. I want 'the box' like Robbie, just trying to put it off.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The tech at the shop told me to use 87 when it gets really cold (around 10F or so). Might even give better performance. Unfortunately, I don't pay much attention to performance unless I want to get to 30mph really fast.
That is the first time I've ever heard that kind of logic on using 87. lol

Use what is recommended as per owners manual.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
It's a tuning chip that turns ones 208bhp/258 lb-ft M274 into something more like the 240bhp/274lb-ft M274, which powers current 300- series MB products (think C300, E300, GLC300), vs the 250 series products (like the CLA/GLA250) which have the same tune as the Metris, albeit with the M270. But the only differences between the 270 and 274 are related to transverse or longitudinal mounting.

I think the difference between the two outputs is strictly a programming thing. However, I'd guess that driven aggressively a 208 would last longer than a 240, (that being true both with this box and from the factory).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts