Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ,
I took the front turn signal bulb out to check it , and it was 3457AK type of bulb .
It seems that Metris front turn signal has only one function as of a turn signal , but the bulb that has been installed on it is dual filament bulb , i havent found a second function of it , if anyone knows anything, please respond.
Thank you .
Light Helmet Lighting Automotive lighting Trophy

·
Registered
126 Posts
My best guess is there is no push in single element amber bulb available. Bayonet, yes, but nothing with a more modern connection.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My best guess is there is no push in single element amber bulb available. Bayonet, yes, but nothing with a more modern connection.
Thank you for your answer.
Well , normally , in other vehicles, if you have dual function bulbs , it is usually turn signal and parking or driving lights at the same area of headlamp.
I really got confused when I opened my MB housing and find a dual function bulb in it .
I checked if it is working as a parking light and it was not , only the side markers are turning on at that time .
I will start the car and try one more time because I noticed that when the car is off even the brake lights are not turning on when I push the pedal. It might be an electrical thing and I just need to start the car in order to see the normal function of all electrical components.

·
Registered
401 Posts
How many wires into the connection? I have been slowly switching mine to all LED bulbs....the turn signal will be one of the next ones. I'll investigate it at that point.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh ..
Ok , So I have switched mine to all led in the back , worked pretty good for me , besides that passanger side fog lamp that im confused about.
I just checked today and there are 4 cables on each side on the connectors , and 2 on the headlight itself for the led parking light on the top .

·
Registered
130 Posts
It could have been made to be used as a DRL. In some countries on some vehicles the park/turn lights are used as running lights instead of headlight bulbs being used. It could be that particular functionality is turned on in the computer only for those specific localities. Just a total guess, no proof of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It could have been made to be used as a DRL. In some countries on some vehicles the park/turn lights are used as running lights instead of headlight bulbs being used. It could be that particular functionality is turned on in the computer only for those specific localities. Just a total guess, no proof of it.
So I'm guessing, If I will fine a car electrician who has a custom MB programing tool , he might be able to enable the passanger side fog and DRL at the front ??
Back in the day in my Motherland I was able to find a guy for my VW to do some custom work on cars electronics, so it is possible but the question is if it is possible in USA .
If it will be possible to do , I will swap switchback DRL/Turn signal LED at the front .Well instead of buying those experience Chinese replacement LED headlight units .

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I have never heard of a passenger side rear fog lamp in my life.

I concur that the use of a dual filament bulb probably has to do with regional variations in which bulbs are lit for what.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts