Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get the Front plate delete (xw6) option added to my build but my sales guy says it's not in the system as an option. Has anyone gotten this option? Is it a dealer thing where they just remove the plate mount or the mount never gets installed and the holes are never drilled in the bumper (preferred)? Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Style,

I am the one who try to remove the front plate by myself but couldn't. When i pickup my van, i notice the plate has already been on.
I try to manually remove the front license plate and there will be a flat bumper area with 4 holes for mounted screws. I originally thought the no plate option will support smooth front bumper as sport car without plate. But i guess it might not satisfy the traffic regulation in each states to remove the front plate. But anyway, if you don't request the front plate deletion, you will have the flat bumper area anyway.

Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't expect that the bumper will be smooth. Every picture I've seen at least has a euro plate flat although its a little unclear if its molded or screwed on sometimes. For other cars I've bought the front plate mount has been in a plastic bag in the trunk and if I'm paying for the bumpers to be painted I'd rather not have it messed with until needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts