Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

For sale: Passenger rear speaker set

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Oldmandan 
#1 ·
Anybody looking to replace their rear speakers, or possibly for the cargo-ians looking to improve the sound in a custom build with the factory head unit.

I have a seat of rear speakers from a 2019 passenger vehicle with very few miles. I replaced all factory speakers with aftermarket speakers and have no need for these.

Part numbers for these are:

A4478271460 woofer

A4478270360 tweeter

Retail for new are about $40 for each woofer and about $20 for each tweeter. So for a set as new about $120

I'm thinking $40 for the set plus shipping or best offer.

Here are two photos of the speakers:

Camera accessory Wood Audio equipment Subwoofer Loudspeaker

Automotive tire Wheel Alloy wheel Rim Automotive wheel system

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Oldmandan,

I bought two pairs of Kenwood XR-1700P speakers. At the time they were the previous revision from Kenwood's latest 6.5 inch speakers and I got them at a very good price because they were a previous generation speaker. I got the Kenwood equipment because the Excelon has 2 year warranty.

At the time I bought them, I had installed an aftermarket stereo and I didn't know that they would require much more power compared to the factory speakers. So I had to buy an amplifier and learn how to install and how it worked.

You can read the amplifier installation here:

Had I known about the need for an amplifier I might have kept the OEM speakers. But since I now had an amplifier I thought I should go all out and build my own subwoofer enclosure. (more on that in a new thread to come, when I have time).

Now that I learned how to do it all and even tune the amplifier (which is something I failed at in the beginning) I have to say it's pretty awesome. But there's a lot of work...at least for me doing it the first time.

Somewhere here on the MetrisForum I remembered reading about someone trying to obtain after-market speakers that were meant for factory radios and would be plug and play. I cannot find it now but I'm sure if you search for "speaker" and browse a little, you'll find it.

My suggestion would go to buy something like that, unless you want to go all out.

Remember for the rear speakers in the passenger van you will need to pull the interior panels. They are a little bit cumbersome to remove because of the metal clips by the window. You probably could also fit 7 inch speakers in the rear, which I didn't think was possible. I got 6.5 inch for both the front and rear.

Let me know if you have any other questions

#4 ·
Okay thanks for that information. I guess I will keep what I have for now. If I really get the bug, maybe I"ll go all out and have a local installer give me a quote to do it up right. I may have to save that for a future Metris model. Maybe if they come out with a 4 wheel drive version :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.