·
Registered
939 Posts
Find out where that price comes from.

Also, find out what it will cost a 2016 C300

·
Registered
75 Posts
My Metris has been flashing the First A-Service message to me since late December. The 1 year timer must have been started when the van came off the assembly line. I took delivery on Feb 19, 2016 but it was telling me my First A-Service was due on Jan 25th. Now I'm six days overdue according to the message shown when I start my van, (and the message displays periodically while driving). 15,000 miles or 1 year, when I do reach my actual 1 year mark on Feb 19th I will not even have 3,000 miles on my Metris. I don't know that I am ready to spend $310 or ? for the First A-Service if I have less than 3,000 miles on the vehicle.

But the questions is, if I blow off the service until I put more miles on my Metris does that affect my warranty?

·
Registered
939 Posts
I'm just going to start the warranty thread.

CAN WE STICKY IT?

ALMOST NOTHING YOU DO WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.
drain coolant and blow up motor? Fill it back up and tow it in.
Chip motor and blow it up? Unplug the chip and tow it in.
25000 oil change? Well, I really don't know.
2 years overdue for your first service but have 5000 miles. Yup, still ok.

But for real, it's fairly hard.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a coupon mailer making it $250....it lists what is performed....its just an oil change.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not sure it's a valid data point, but for your consideration: I was contemplating whether I should buy the prepaid maintenance package and called around on the price of servicing. One reputable independent shop stated that the first A-service should not be much more than a oil change and reset, and quoted $150.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Oil change, reset light, check tires, look for oil underneath and ship. (There's more, but not that much more)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have not changed oil in the Metris yet but have in other Benzes and I am sure it is just as easy. Robb can correct me, if I am wrong. I use a Topsider but there other oil extractors that work as well and the entire prodedure is done from the top. No need to crawl underneath.

I unscrew and remove the filter and place the assembly in a pan to drain. Remove the dipstick and insert the extrzctor tube until it hits bottom and pump the extractor. Then remove the filter element and install the new one but I don't install it yet. When the sump is drained, remove the exractor tube, refill the oil(I fill through the filter housing but the fill tube could be used) Then install the new filter and torque it (25 nm?) I use MB filters and Mobil 1 0w40. The oil is available at my local Walmart -5 qt jug for $25 and it takes 8 qts . Total cost about $50 and very easy, neat job. I check the listed items in the manual and plan to use the service sheet that Robb posted a while back. On my other Benzes, I did this once a year, regardless of mileage as I don't put a lot of miles on them.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Is 0w40 the recommended weight? Any MB spec number?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Found a local independent shop comprised of ex Lexus and Mercedes techs. $170 as advertised on their website. No funny business.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Service A And Service B

I have 30k on my metris cargo, the first (A) at 13650 was listed at 399.00 but the first service was at selling dealer and on MB as a promotion. During this service oil and filter was changed tires rotated radio and ECM was updated washed and inspected. With the work done it would still be hard to pony up that much money. But I will say happy and no go back issues plus I noticed a small oil consumption at @ 6k and they topped it up at no charge. Service B was another story, I priced another remote MB Dealer 60 min form my shop....... as follows

Selling Other
Dealer Dealer

A: 399.00 185.00
B: 480.00 285.00
TR: 499.00 315.00

Trans is due for service at 30K as well so I included that. other than the L O F the cabin air filter is changed at the B service not sure what else goes into it but all prices incl parts and labor

·
Registered
271 Posts
You'd think the selling dealer would cut you a break.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Rowland Hussey Macy & Company are falling out of business because they don't know the first thing about retailing. They can't maintain inventory quantity, they can't display it to save their life, they can't figure out how to treat customers, or even the disadvantage of generally pissing them off for no good reason.

They are in the process of shutting down their flagship in Minnieapolis because it is not generating enough profit (not losing money, just not enough profit) and it's Marshall Fields all over again- Macy's sales in the Twin Cities areas are down 50% over last January, and if it continues to follow the Marshall Fields results, they'll never recover.

If the company who built fashion retail for the masses can't get it right, what makes you think that your dealer has its head on straight? And I'm sure like Macy's they blame their failures on external factors like the internet.

Not the internet. Just morons who know nothing about the business they are in, and are completely lost.

·
Registered
184 Posts
And inspection.
Yup, they tilt their head around while changing the oil, looking for puddles.

For the cost, I'll do them myself.

Now don't get me wrong, we all know it's not the techs fault and mine will go in for specific items like the trans flush at 30k, but not for regular services. I'm at a point that I still enjoy doing them and it gives me a chance to really know what I'm driving and how they work.

Reactions: river
1 - 20 of 65 Posts