Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer told me that on a used Metris the interest cant be same as a car. Also this is a passenger van they will only get 6.9% and we have very good credit score. Dealer said that the banks categories these as commercial vehicles and therefore he can't get better rate. Cant really believe that this is true looking at some posts here stating 2.9% or Mercedes offering currently 1.9% ...does anybody know if this is accurate . Any body experienced the same or has a recommendation for financing on used Metris passenger? thanks for any input!

·
Registered
483 Posts
"categories these as commercial vehicles"

You're going to hear that a lot across the spectrum of vehicle 'services'. From insurance and so on. Don't believe it. I finally found an ins. co. that wouldnt try to 'tax' me. I believe the same is true for financing. Oh wait until you go register / tag the vehicle.

·
Registered
147 Posts
A new van is 0% financing for 36 months and 1.9 for 48.
Why give the banks money?

MBUSA lists the current finance options available. If yor dealer is trying to get yo to sign at those rates, he's probably getting a good kickback.

·
Registered
401 Posts
A new van is 0% financing for 36 months and 1.9 for 48.
Why give the banks money?

MBUSA lists the current finance options available. If yor dealer is trying to get yo to sign at those rates, he's probably getting a good kickback.
Your right about that. I saw it on there web site the other. I got 0.9% on my cargo van with no problems for 48 months no money out of pocket back in November 2016. The insurance company gave me the problem with it "being" a commercial van so I switch to a different company problem solved. Op keeping looking if your at a Mercedes dealership I'm surprised they didn't offer something better

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sounds like your dealer is trying to make some extra cash off the financing too. Why not just go to MB financial online and apply for credit?

·
Registered
44 Posts
To be fair, the dealer is likely giving you 'standard rates' and not the special rates offered through Daimler Truck Financial. Also, there aren't many banks that will finance commercial vehicles and if you get one to finance, they do typically finance at higher rates. That being said, if it's a passenger van and you can convince the lender that it's being used for 'non-business' use, like for the family vehicle, then it falls under passenger vehicle category and nearly any bank/credit union that finances cars will finance it, as well.

I have several 2017 Metris PV on the lot and can tell you that 0% for 36; 1.9% for 48; 2.9% for 60; and 3.9% for 72. I'd be more than happy to ship one to you. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for your input. We finally made it work and picked up the 2016 Passenger van in ATL on Friday. Love the van and worked out some discounts with the dealer so can live now with the higher finance rate. The van is in awesome condition ,was a dealer demo fully loaded with 2+year factory warranty left. Couldn't resist;). Apresciate everybodys input on this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts