Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered August 24th and took it home on December 24th.
First impressions, I definitely see what everyone is talking about with the mirrors. I'll have to get the convex stick on mirrors but the blind spot assist does help with that. I've only driven it about 100 miles so far but I definitely enjoy it. I did have it wrapped an upfitted so here are some pictures.
Oh and I already broke something on it the second day. The cover for the 12v cigarette lighter is hinged. I snapped it right off the second time I went to open it. Oops! :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
They both look great. How'd you get it equipped?

Side comment: a guy who lives down the street from me just took delivery of a cargo model.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ordered August 24th and took it home on December 24th.
First impressions, I definitely see what everyone is talking about with the mirrors. I'll have to get the convex stick on mirrors but the blind spot assist does help with that. I've only driven it about 100 miles so far but I definitely enjoy it. I did have it wrapped an upfitted so here are some pictures.
Oh and I already broke something on it the second day. The cover for the 12v cigarette lighter is hinged. I snapped it right off the second time I went to open it. Oops! :eek:
That looks really sharp!

·
Registered
2 Posts
aebad,
I see that you also have a Eurovan in the background of your photo....
How does the Metris compare in your opinion?
I am hoping that the driver position, visibility, and ride height is similar to the Eurovan.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
aebad,
I see that you also have a Eurovan in the background of your photo....
How does the Metris compare in your opinion?
I am hoping that the driver position, visibility, and ride height is similar to the Eurovan.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.

Sorry I am just seeing this now...not sure if my answer matters any more after so long, but...

The seating in Metris is similar. Better foot room. Seating is a bit lower than with Eurovan but still a nice upright position.

The visibility is not as good. Mirrors are much smaller and right side is flat, not convex, so they are generally less useful. Blind spot gizmo makes up for this somewhat. I am getting used to it.

Visibility out the back with all headrests in place is almost non-existent. I leave the center headrests out and I can see much better. I think part of this is that driver's position is a bit lower and also seat backs and headrests are higher meaning you can't see over them as you could in Eurovan.

All things considered I like the Metris. My VW is 15 years old, so naturally a new car has many nice new features, is quieter, rides smoother, gets better mileage.. 17 for VW, 22 for Metris so far...BUT...having been in a T6 VW when travelling, I would take that over the Metris no contest. Sadly that isn't a choice for the US.

Hope that is useful and again, sorry I missed your question until now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can anyone (perhaps especially the original poster of this thread) provide me with an idea of what it costs to do a partial or full wrap of a mini-van sized vehicle like the Metris? Are we talking $500-1000? $1000-2000?

I may be doing the same. Thank you!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can anyone (perhaps especially the original poster of this thread) provide me with an idea of what it costs to do a partial or full wrap of a mini-van sized vehicle like the Metris? Are we talking $500-1000? $1000-2000?

I may be doing the same. Thank you!
My partial wrap with installation was $1695. $1095 wrap. $600 installation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tony, if you have time, could you do us a favor that taking a side by side shoot for your two big toys? Thank you.

Sorry I am just seeing this now...not sure if my answer matters any more after so long, but...

The seating in Metris is similar. Better foot room. Seating is a bit lower than with Eurovan but still a nice upright position.

The visibility is not as good. Mirrors are much smaller and right side is flat, not convex, so they are generally less useful. Blind spot gizmo makes up for this somewhat. I am getting used to it.

Visibility out the back with all headrests in place is almost non-existent. I leave the center headrests out and I can see much better. I think part of this is that driver's position is a bit lower and also seat backs and headrests are higher meaning you can't see over them as you could in Eurovan.

All things considered I like the Metris. My VW is 15 years old, so naturally a new car has many nice new features, is quieter, rides smoother, gets better mileage.. 17 for VW, 22 for Metris so far...BUT...having been in a T6 VW when travelling, I would take that over the Metris no contest. Sadly that isn't a choice for the US.

Hope that is useful and again, sorry I missed your question until now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts