Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, thank you to all of you who have posted what you paid, what your deals were and what you all negotiated and went through in getting your Metris.

Way back in Feb of 2016, I went to the fancy new Mercedes Dealer that opened up outside of Boston. I ordered a red passenger, waited 3 months and the dealer either screwed up the order or something else happened and the Van never materialized. We were very disappointed in the dealer, the process and overall that dealer was zero help or use. We didn’t even get an apology from them.

Fast forward to last week, we found out that the dealer we used for our R350 was now selling Metris and Sprinters they had a Black Metris on the lot with every option for 45k and with dealer incentives and rebates we got it for 38k out the door.

At least in New England it appears that the Metris sales folks are either super apathetic towards non-commercial sales and really don’t care (as in the case from Dealer No. 1), or are engaged but have only commercial sales experience. Our sales guy at Dealer No. 2 was stand up and engaged. We should have just started out with them and will now stay with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congratulations on your new van! I am from Boston and went to MB of Burlington (Fancy new dealer north of Boston?) to test drive a Metris and a Sprinter. Sad to hear about your order experience but thank you for sharing your experience. When we were there they didnt know anything really about the vans but I would be most concerned about your ordering experience... can you share the name of the other dealer (maybe owned by a guy named Herb?)? Hope you love the van.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! It was the Burlington dealer we started with, amazing facility but absolutely horrible experience with the sprinter sales staff and I would say, based on our experience, don't order with them. We went back to Prime in Westwood and the salesman, Scott Masse (his web site is here: http://www.sprinterguyboston.com/) was great to work with. Down to earth, no BS and the process was easy. They also have an older warehouse next door that has been converted into their Van/sprinter service area that is pretty nice. Overall we love the van. My 8 year old son loves how he gets the whole back seat to himself and we have plenty of room leftover for our Leonberger puppy, Rex. The experience with Prime was great and like I mentioned above, we should have started there in the first place.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maximus, thank you for the information. We were thinking of a Metris based camper but now headed the Sprinter direction that may include a special order and a long wait time... I would be furious if the order got screwed up because we would be coordinating with a camper upfitter... it would be a real problem if the order doesn't come in correctly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Keyne, that is awesome. At some point I would love to get a sprinter 4x4 camper, maybe in the next 5 years. Talk to Scott, maybe he can help in some way. As for the order we put in for the Metris at the Burlington dealer, it was awful and I was pretty ticked when we started getting conflicting stories, timelines, repeating information with inconsistencies...I was willing to wait for the "right van" but they made the whole experience dreadful. Let me know when you order and the specs!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Maximus, thank you for the information. We were thinking of a Metris based camper but now headed the Sprinter direction that may include a special order and a long wait time... I would be furious if the order got screwed up because we would be coordinating with a camper upfitter... it would be a real problem if the order doesn't come in correctly.
Just make sure you don't make promises with the upfitter, otherwise they might bill you for the time wasted. It happens.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay here are some pics of our 7 month old Leonburger pup, Rex. The Metris has been great for him to get up and in with no issues. He's about 90 pounds now and when he is 150+ we wont have to pick him up and into the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Okay here are some pics of our 7 month old Leonburger pup, Rex. The Metris has been great for him to get up and in with no issues. He's about 90 pounds now and when he is 150+ we wont have to pick him up and into the car.
Handsome guy. Congrats on the metris and the son.

·
Registered
271 Posts

Heh. Its his van now. Make sure he's got a comfy bed to lay on. :smile:

Reactions: Maximus

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi and congratulations! I just bought mine at M-B of Shewsbury. I am so far very pleased with the transaction. I don't have the van yet, as they are delivering it to me in Maine this next week. No temporary tags issued in Mass as you know, so they are driving it all the way up here to register it. I find it a little bizarre, but what do I know. MSRP 33,869.00, got it for $27,500.00

1 - 15 of 15 Posts