Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
I would do the illuminated emblem on the grill as long as it matches the headlight in term of colour and intensity.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have the lit star installed but not wired as of yet. My plan is to splice it into the fog lights so when they're on, it's on...but it's so hard to get to the fog light wires, i don't have it lit up yet.

I can guarantee you it won't hinder my ability to enter traffic.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It was very easy once I pulled the whole grill out - just because you can get it into a position to see how the star comes out. I'm away from it for a few more days, but I'll try to remember to take a look and give you a quick rundown. Fit was perfect.

I believe this is the same unit I have - and knowing now what I do (after going through the install) I think it would be easy to do with the grill in place. More in a few days.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SO9GYNQ/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Banned
2,516 Posts
Not getting in to traffic. Getting your way.

As for instance, you are in the left lane at night going a reasonable speed, say 85. And some nimrod is doing 65. I have found that when driving a loaner (all of them are so equipped with the dbag package it seems) my chances of getting the moron to move into the right lane is much lower. My chances of them giving me a hard time when I pass them on the right is also higher with that package.

I have no idea why this is, but it really is true.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I saw a Benz SUV with the lit star in the grill but had to look real hard to see the illumination. The intensity is nowhere near that of the headlights...really floods it out and makes it look dim. Looking forward to seeing pics of it done on Metris.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was very easy once I pulled the whole grill out - just because you can get it into a position to see how the star comes out. I'm away from it for a few more days, but I'll try to remember to take a look and give you a quick rundown. Fit was perfect.

I believe this is the same unit I have - and knowing now what I do (after going through the install) I think it would be easy to do with the grill in place. More in a few days.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SO9GYNQ/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the link. I saw some of the comments, this guy made it sound easy:
"Wiring is easy, tap into the DRL lights on the passenger side of the car. Yellow is + and brown is negative."

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah - but i don't think that guy was referencing a Metris. Good luck getting your hands on the wiring and if you do, making sure they're the RIGHT leads. You can't even GET to the fog light wiring from the top...I couldn't anyway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, well I spent the $50 and ordered it... so I guess I could pay someone else to do it if I can't figure it out.
I also got a set of (plastic) chrome lug nut covers today. Hoping to keep some of the salty road stuff off them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts