Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Falken EuroWinter HS449 tires? I can get them for $82 each from Pep Boys. I am in New York City but drive up to VT/NH for weekend ski trips. The van sits during the week otherwise. Thanks in advance

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I suspect you don’t actually need winter tires just to go to Vermont. The basic Metris on all seasons is extremely competent in the snow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are probably right. Last weekend I was up near a ski resort and it took 4 tries to get up the long entrance road. The other 3 times I came to a stop and slid backwards eventually having to pull a U-turn and drive back to the base. I have 22k on the Hankooks that came w the van. Should I consider just getting new All Season tires?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Get dedicated snow tires if that is the specific thing for which it is used. There is plenty of research, both academic and good old boy, that says a set of dedicated snow tires on a two wheel drive will perform better than all season tires on a four wheel drive vehicle.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Definitely get dedicated snow tires. Studded or not is up to you. I have Nokians and they work very well, much better than stock. Discount tire, west coast, had the best price on both tires and a dedicated set of rims. Enjoy the snow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts