Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could an owner of a Metris with factory cargo partition help me out? I'm looking for the following measurement:

In order of priority, adjust the driver's seat...

1. all the way down
  2. all the way back
  3. headrest all the way up
  4. headrest all the way back
  5. recline as far as possible
how far is it from the center of a headrest support to the top edge of the dashboard?

(please see attached photos for the measurement I'm looking for)

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
None of the dealers within 100miles has metris with the partition installed here....
these measurements could be very helpful

anyone?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Could an owner of a Metris with factory cargo partition help me out? I'm looking for the following measurement:

In order of priority, adjust the driver's seat...

1. all the way down
  2. all the way back
  3. headrest all the way up
  4. headrest all the way back
  5. recline as far as possible
how far is it from the center of a headrest support to the top edge of the dashboard?

(please see attached photos for the measurement I'm looking for)

Thanks

Looks like about 39 3/4"

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
On this topic of partition, factory installalled partitions, are not as great (I'm told) than the ranger design max view contoured partitions or the Knaphide Sortimo ones. Is there any difference between either? I like to have the seat in full motion as far as a proper posture, but also like to get as much as possible Argo space especially at the floor level and perhaps where I could stick longer stuff under the passenger seat.
Anyone has an opinion on these?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like about 39 3/4"
Thank you for taking the time to check. I'm comfortable at 43" w/o partition, so the partition would have to be ~3" farther back to allow the same seat adjustment. That squares with the impression I had after briefly sitting in a partition-equipped van.

·
Registered
98 Posts
OEM partition does not allow you to have the front seats all the way back. I had the Ranger Max View installed specifically for this reason.

·
Registered
98 Posts
How do you like the partition?
I give it a 8 out of 10. It could easily be a 10 with two updates. First is the window. It's made of Plexiglass, which distorts your view when looking though it. The second thing issue is the partition blocks lever that opens the side doors. How that was missed in the design is really surprising. I have small hands, and I can barely get the doors open when inside the cargo area. Any normal size person will have a harder time.

Reactions: Jurgenyo

·
Registered
11 Posts
I give it a 8 out of 10. It could easily be a 10 with two updates. First is the window. It's made of Plexiglass, which distorts your view when looking though it. The second thing issue is the partition blocks lever that opens the side doors. How that was missed in the design is really surprising. I have small hands, and I can barely get the doors open when inside the cargo area. Any normal size person will have a harder time.
Do you have any pictures of your installed partition?

I googled for pics but there is nothing good to see how it looks on metris.

THX

·
Registered
62 Posts
I gotta say, I normally have my seat back a bit farther than the factory partition will allow, but I'm very comfortable with it how it is. I'm 6' - 175# and if I moved the seat back any farther, I'd be wanting a telescoping steering wheel.

·
Registered
81 Posts
For cargo security reasons we planned on getting a partition version however we were fortunate our dealer had both examples for us to test-drive. The partition model allowed plenty of room for me, at 6', but I just couldn't adjust the seat tilt back far enough to feel comfortable in the driving position I'm use to. My wife was disappointed the passenger seat could not recline back for comfort during longer trips. And at 5'7" she felt claustrophobic behind the wheel even though she had enough room. We eventually decided on the non-partition version. In hindsight it was the right choice for us as it has made our camper conversion easier and allows access between the cab and rear section from inside. Depending on the end use the partition could be an asset or not. For our driving comfort and end use I'm glad we had the opportunity to try each version before purchase.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
That's because in most vehicles, you sit low with your feet way out in front of you. In the Metris you sit vertically, like at a dining table. I actually adjust my seat so that I am most comfortable with both feet planted flat on the floor, with it being slightly less natural to put them on the pedals. I do most of my driving with cruise control.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My first vehicle was a 1959 Chevy Apache pickup. I still drive with my left foot at the seat base. The only reason to move it forward was to stomp on the clutch pedal or hit the dimmer switch.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Do you have any pictures of your installed partition?

I googled for pics but there is nothing good to see how it looks on metris.

THX
I haven't found any pictures specific to the Metris. But the Max View looks the same for the Metris as it does for any other van. But here are some pics for you to see what it looks like in the van.

So you know the yellow track below the window is standard. The silver L-track at the bottom was added afterwards. And it's kind of difficult to show the seat adjustment. Mine aren't moved all the way back, but I can if I wanted, with some space to tilt the seatback.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I haven't found any pictures specific to the Metris. But the Max View looks the same for the Metris as it does for any other van. But here are some pics for you to see what it looks like in the van.

So you know the yellow track below the window is standard. The silver L-track at the bottom was added afterwards. And it's kind of difficult to show the seat adjustment. Mine aren't moved all the way back, but I can if I wanted, with some space to tilt the seatback.
Great thank you for a better realistic view of that partition. Do you have any problems with the distortion that someone in a former reply made?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Great thank you for a better realistic view of that partition. Do you have any problems with the distortion that someone in a former reply made?
Yes, it was probably me that mentioned it. You can still see out of the Plexiglass. It's just not as clear as looking through normal glass. I've talked to Ranger about it, but have not heard if they have removed the distortion.

Reactions: Jurgenyo
1 - 18 of 18 Posts