Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 Metris used to be part of the Sixt rental car fleet. I bought it at a VW dealership. I did talked to the famous Mr. Jeff about acquiring the ELW. Here is my concern. The van has 31K on it right now but there are no records on the Carfax about what was done before I bought it. My problem with buying the warranty is....
Let's say there is a engine failure and I contact Mercedes to fix it and Mercedes ask me for the maintenance records showing that "service A or B" was done accordingly. Since I don't have any records technically they can deny my claim and them I would have invest on a warranty that I would not be able to use. Would you take the risk and go for it and buy the ELW anyway? Any info is welcome. Thanks for the thoughts .

·
Registered
869 Posts
I feel your pain. I've resigned myself to using the dealer for even basic maintenance until I get a sense of the van's reliability. So far so good.

I'd get the B service done now, even if repetitive, document that, and buy the warranty. If you missed anything, it was one oil change at Service A. You could do a Blackstone Labs oil test to document oil condition now.

Curious what's offered by way of ELW on the '19. My ELW is 7/120. What do they offer now?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Related to my post, maybe Mr. Robb can help with this one. Will the van's computer keep record of the services A and B done on the vehicle? Will a tech be able to see it when they hook up their PC to the van?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts