Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

Excellent Renogy Self-Heating LiFePO4 Battery Deal

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  focus805 
#1 ·
In case anyone is interested, Renogy has an outstanding deal on Ebay for their 100Ah self heating LiFePO4 battery. I paid about $600 last summer, after a $50 deduction for slow shipping. They were listed in an Ebay "flash sale" 5/1 to 5/7 at $600. On 5/8 they dropped to $534 --. This is an excellent deal ($180 less than Amazon) on a warrantied (5 year prorated), 4,000 cycles at 80% DOD pouch cell battery. Mine has been flawless. Parallel connect only, but I don't know any van folk running series batteries. I bought another one to support a 2000 watt PSW inverter I decided to install. And it does support 50A charging, despite the confusing manual -- I know because I've tested it. I owe Renogy nothing. The one time I called to complain about a slow delivery, I got an immediate response and $50 off.

I'd buy this any day over some Ali or Amazon prismatic cell clone. Even Will Prowse likes them.

Product Font Audio equipment Brand Multimedia

See less See more
#2 ·
Back to $699. I'll wait until the next deal. My AGM battery bank still serving my needs and replacing them will be a chore of a new install.

Reactions: focus805
#3 ·
Definitely a chore to redesign and rebuild. I have room in my battery box -- which was designed for the Autozone "Duralast" twin of the factory auxiliary battery -- and now houses the first Renogy LiFePO4, but I too am rebuilding the whole thing with aluminum extrusion -- after my summer trip in June.

My kid took the van for this last weekend. Parked 36+ hours, 40 amps total draw, mainly from Iceco, which I previously measured at 1.15 amps/hour on eco. Conclusion: 100 Ah is sufficient for a non-solar weekend with no inverter draw. 200 Ah will allow lots of inverter use if needed (hot plate inside on rainy days.

#4 ·
What are you using to monitor and keep track of historical data? I use the Victron BMV...knowing your total draw over the course of an outing makes for perfect future trip planning power needs.

Reactions: focus805
#5 ·
I use the Renogy BT2 bluetooth transmitter connected to their "communication hub," which looks like an 8 port Ethernet switch. You plug all their devices into it, connect the primary port to the bluetooth transmitter and it sends data to your phone. When I initially bought the Renogy products in fall 2020, the phone app just plain didn't work. Since then they have an app called "DC Home" which is excellent. I posted some screen captures a while back. The app has since been updated to show the heated batteries and whether they are heating.

I also have an AiLi shunt & monitor, which works fine, and I like in case of phone failure.

Here's the hub:
Audio equipment Rectangle Font Electronic device Multimedia

I am considering getting the Renogy battery monitoring screen which plugs directly into their batteries, so I can dump the shunt for my new build, but I need to call Renogy to see whether the monitor will work via the communication hub.

Product Gadget Font Communication Device Technology

Reactions: MOWO
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.