Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just interested to find out how many of you would be interested in European folding/reclining style seating for your Metris. There is a way to bring Vito/V-Class seating to USA. It is somewhat expensive if i will bring just one set.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
super interested... but I don't think I'll like the price. can you order per seat? Based on the parcel shelf thread should I assume this requires the 4 row runner conversion?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
super interested... but I don't think I'll like the price. can you order per seat? Based on the parcel shelf thread should I assume this requires the 4 row runner conversion?
Unfortunately seats sold as sets. Vito seats will fit in without any railing modification. Fourth rail in Vito only needed if you want to face the second row of seats back. Otherwise it will snap in and out without any issues. Yes and one more thing European rails will allow you to move seats back and forward.
Now about logistics, the most inexpensive and fastest way of bringing them in is Lufthansa Cargo, Aeroflot Cargo and LOT Cargo with final destination JFK New York and IAD Washington, DC.
About seats as i mentioned above they are sold as sets the quantity is limited, they are new from brand new vans that was bought and taken for VIP interior alteration. No shady things. everything is legit.
Price new if you order from dealer will cost $ 10000.00 - $ 12000.00 for set of rear seats only, NO FREIGHT!
Same thing I can bring in for about half with freight $ 5000.00 - $ 6000.00
Price for 2 rows of 3 seats each, crating and shipping.
One thing I have not found out is whether or not it will cost anything here, Like customs fee, import tax. but I am sure it will be minor.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes very Interested. Taking delivery of a Metris tomorrow and that was the main issue I almost didn't go for it.
We have to question Mercedes Benz USA why, in the world they selling us this beautiful vans with such ugly seating package. And without all other available to the rest of the world packages.

·
Registered
259 Posts
as great as they would be I'm out. time to go back to figuring out the p/n's for the hinge mechanisms.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I really like the idea... but this is out of my budget!:frown:
I would be willing to pay around $2k-3k, because there is no one that is going to take the factory seats off my hands.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Unfortunately seats sold as sets. Vito seats will fit in without any railing modification. Fourth rail in Vito only needed if you want to face the second row of seats back. Otherwise it will snap in and out without any issues. Yes and one more thing European rails will allow you to move seats back and forward.
Now about logistics, the most inexpensive and fastest way of bringing them in is Lufthansa Cargo, Aeroflot Cargo and LOT Cargo with final destination JFK New York and IAD Washington, DC.
About seats as i mentioned above they are sold as sets the quantity is limited, they are new from brand new vans that was bought and taken for VIP interior alteration. No shady things. everything is legit.
Price new if you order from dealer will cost $ 10000.00 - $ 12000.00 for set of rear seats only, NO FREIGHT!
One thing I have not found out is whether or not it will cost anything here, Like customs fee, import tax. but I am sure it will be minor.
Has there been any more consideration of this? I would be interested as long as install would not require major mods or drilling into floor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am actually keen. How many sets do they have? Also can we get the European rails so we can move these forward and back? What exactly is included in the set? Both rows? How the heck can I get these delivered to Denver. Sorry lots of questions.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Has there been any more consideration of this? I would be interested as long as install would not require major mods or drilling into floor.
With current railing system you will be able to install W447 Vito seating facing forward. No table, no grocery shelf will fit Metris railing. Cutting existing Metris floor carpet is not a good solution. Vito, V-class and Metris carpet floor is a mold about 2 inch thick. European vans have hardware to install the 4th. rail. I can not verify whether or not Metris has the same. In any case it is a major pain in the rear, you would have to take apart the entire interior of the van. I personally viewed the process not an easy task.
To bring seating from Europe, is very easy, what is unclear to me whether how much I would have to pay customs fee. Normally it is 2.5% of the cost, But nobody can give me an answer.
If you would like to get them by yourself, I am providing you with the link: http://www.bus-seats.eu/en/portfolio.html
Set of seats will cost you about 2500.00 Euro
Carpet Floor about 600 to 1500 Euro
Lufthansa Cargo rates to Washington DC 1400 euro
Crating/Packing 500 to 1000 Euro
Custom Fee ?????
One more thing, you have to be there to ship or you must hire an agent (very expensive).
I will be in Germany in October-November of this year but I am not going to do this just for one set (for myself).
I fly to Germany very often. Once I find out the US customs fee, I will bring my set which I already bought.
And in order to receive the seats in US you must be the shipper and receiver. Otherwise it is a commercial transaction, which will cost a pretty penny.
F... you NAFTA .

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am very interested in this... and the cost is certainly not out of the roof!

1. I looked through the webpage, but couldn't tell if these seats are Mercedes parts or aftermarket. Are these Mercedes-branded seats?
2. "Carpet Floor about 600 to 1500 Euro." I assume this is optional if I am only installing the seats facing forward. Correct? Metris should already have the carpet in place and there is no need to touch the carpets with front-facing installation.
3. "And in order to receive the seats in US you must be the shipper and receiver" Does that mean you have to ship all the seats from Germany to your own address in US, and later on ship the seats out again to other US buyers from your US place?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Vadim,
What's the story with install of the rails? Are they just a bolt in type job?
Yes, if you want to replace Metris rails to Vito rails, it is just unscrew one and install the other. One very important thing to consider. In Europe Vito available in 3 different lengths, short, medium 126 same as Metris and long. Safe to say you need to buy medium body rails.
If you would like to get captains chairs like V-class you would need V-class rails again medium body length and the floor carpet. This will give you ability to add grocery shelf. If you would like to install shelf you would need to alter rear interior side panels. Shelf is very heavy and required two side brackets to rest on. They are attached to the rear tail gate pillars with rivets.
If you would like to add V-Class table you would need different set of 2 center rails and carpet floor.
Make sure you take all this as consideration before buying anything.
One thing that i have not verified is whether or not Metris body has screw halls for the fourth missing rail.
Original halls are not through body halls, it is a welded to body kind of barrel.
Good luck. Please update us.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am very interested in this... and the cost is certainly not out of the roof!

1. I looked through the webpage, but couldn't tell if these seats are Mercedes parts or aftermarket. Are these Mercedes-branded seats?
2. "Carpet Floor about 600 to 1500 Euro." I assume this is optional if I am only installing the seats facing forward. Correct? Metris should already have the carpet in place and there is no need to touch the carpets with front-facing installation.
3. "And in order to receive the seats in US you must be the shipper and receiver" Does that mean you have to ship all the seats from Germany to your own address in US, and later on ship the seats out again to other US buyers from your US place?

Thanks again!
1. They are original Mercedes Benz parts.
2. Yes, as long as you want 3 and 3 configuration just like Metris, you do not need carpet or rails.
Vito rails will give you ability to move seats back and forward. ( kind of nice to have )
3. Yes, because it will ship as personal items and not as business freight.
You or an agent must pack, go through customs and ship the freight at the port of the origin. Then you must deal with customs in USA, Pay fee and receive the freight.
One thing is unknown is how much are we must pay at USA customs to bring used car parts in USA.
I can not find this information anywhere online or in person visiting agency at the Washington Dulles International Airport. This is why my set of seats is still seating in my garage in Germany and not in my Metrs van in USA.
If anyone will be lucky enough to find out US customs regulations related to this issue, please share the wealth of information. Mega appreciated and good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Super interested. The reason I'm hesitate to buy the Metris is because of the passage seat not able the fold or adjust the back rest. But 5-6K is a bit high in my opinion.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Super interested. The reason I'm hesitate to buy the Metris is because of the passage seat not able the fold or adjust the back rest. But 5-6K is a bit high in my opinion.
If you going to order through the dealer it will be $ 10000.00 - $12000.00

1 - 20 of 60 Posts