Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello world!

Greetings to all from Finland, Europe. You now, Finland, one of the leading countries in the world what comes to education, alcohol consuming and rally car world champions located right between Sovie... sorry Russian and Sweden! I was looking for a nice Vito forum on the internet but I was not satisfied with the ones in Europe so I came across with your nice Metris site. Sure there are great places to find information about Vito in German language but my German is a bit rusty nowadays: among other 3 foreign languages I studied it for 5 years in school but that was about... wow 25 years or so ago :/ Wie schade!

Anyway, I´m a proud owner of an European cousin of Metris, a 2015 MB Vito 119cdi 4x4 which I purchased a couple of weeks ago for my company as a delivery car. So far I´m very satisfied with my diesel Vito, it does have pretty nice features: ILS light package, automatic transmission, two batteries and a webasto heater with remote control (hey we have real winter up here!), 4 wheel drive, heated seats, side door on both sides, towing bracket etc. No snow yet so we´ll see later how it goes but what I have heard 4x4 is great! Temperatures are getting lower every day though.

Sorry, only one low quality mobile phone cam pic of my ride. Mods within two weeks: professionally painted mirrors and door handles, speaker upgrades (doors and silly middle ones next to windshield), door sound insulation, Phoenix Gold 8" subwoofer under seat, cargo area sound deadening upgrades, Vito seat covers from seatcover.de, enduro bike cargo area setup for my KTM. Next modifications: rear view back up camera, studded winter tyres, led light bulbs behind interior dome light cover (how to femove the cover??, it´s a reaaaaaal tight one)

In 2015 this car had a price tag of about 72 000 euros - yes crazy but that´s how things are in countries with high rate car taxation.

So thanks for great forum, bye for now!

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm pretty new here too, and welcome to the forum. BUT, you will need to appreciate just how jealous many of us here in America will be that you have both the diesel and 4x4 options, neither of which are available here, though both are often wished for. On the other hand, few of us would envy the ~$84,000 price tag of your van!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Congrats on your Vito!
If only I could speak Finnish.
After surviving Russian, German and Swedish invasions and a really dark winter, it's no wonder that you consume alcohol like fishes.
So, perhaps having a Vito available is only just compensation.
B

·
Registered
525 Posts
I just want the the non-USA LED Headlights. So costly for buying from dealer and converting.

Reactions: akkumaville1
1 - 7 of 7 Posts