Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came across this end of year sale of European VITO & Marco Polo seats, tracks & tables in US. Screenshot attached as I cant post a direct link from FB Metris Group.

I bought my 2 x 2+1 Vito folding seats in Tunja cloth this summer and are pretty happy with the decision. Now I can use the van as shuttle & camper, using a tri fold foam mattress . Just need to get the tracks now so I can move the third row seat further up when in camping mode.

If anybody has swapped these tracks out:

do these come off easily and can the European tracks be screwed in without any modification, additional drilling or crawling under van?

Was hoping to do everything from inside the van.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can change the tracks fairly easily. The bolt holes are all in the same places, all inside the van. Just have to take out the seats first. I have stock US seats with 3 European tracks so I expect that the reverse would work fine (without sliding ability).

I got these European tracks to add sliding ability but the US seats don’t have whatever lever that operates the lock on the sliding mechanism. I ended up modifying the sliders for the middle seat (reversed the spring and added a bolt and hand knob) so that I can put the middle seat all the way forward when I want to fit a bed behind it (with back seat out of van).

·
Registered
16 Posts
If true, this could be an interesting option. The HarpAutomotive website claims to have a 3-rail system with a fold-down 60-40 split bench (imported from UK) where the adjustable rails are a direct bolt-in swap for stock US Metris Passenger 3-rails system. No claims of US or Canada crash-testing certification. Still trying to do more research on these.

But you'd need different rail system, like 4 floor rails, to upfit to a pair of captain chairs or reverse-facing seats, or a fold-down combo bench & bed like Reimo's.

It kind of depends on whether you're starting with a Cargo van or a Passenger van, and what you want to end up with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts