Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a passenger Metris and as soon as I turn A/C on, I can hear very loud noise from under the hood. It is lasting for a few minutes; fans spin very fast with unusual roaring noise. Is this normal???

Also, with A/C running engine starts underperform, when I try to speed up engine hesitates and makes unusual noise, the automatic transmission shifts roughly, and I feel a lack of engine power. Any thoughts on this?

Without A/C on car runs great.

·
Registered
259 Posts
sounds like a problem... should get it looked at. We run our AC constantly since it's been 90F and humid for the last month or so, don't have any issues. The AC fan is pretty loud and if it gets real hilly and super hot you can feel a bit of a power drag but no rough running.

·
Banned
2,516 Posts
When I run my AC and my engine hard my car sounds weird, sorta like a vacuum. Nothing in the way of hesitation though. Is get that checked.

·
Registered
939 Posts
When I turn my key, my van makes a noise.
As a tech:
What kind of noise?
With the amount of "problems" you have, I'm inclined to think they're all normal.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My motor seems to idle a little rougher with the a/c on. You can see the silver box (ecu?) on the drivers side of the motor shake. With a/c off box doesn't shake. Also, condenser fan seems a little louder than other cars. But, from what I can see it's a single electric motor versus 2, that my other vehicles have. So, maybe that explains the loudness issue. I only have 1200 miles on it so far.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Would this be the normal or enhanced air conditioner?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Would this be the normal or enhanced air conditioner?
I believe it's "Normal". What does the "enhanced" consist of? I couldn't imagine my van needing anything more powerful. It already blow's me out of my seat if fan is turned up to max. Granted, I have the factory partition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts