Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a local dealer with a 2018 Metris that has about 90% of the options I would like.

I want to put the 72" Ranger Design aluminum shelving in it on the driver's side, but the Metris I am looking at has dual sliding doors. It would be nice to able to open the driver's slider to access the back of the shelving.

The Ranger Design guide only lists products without the slider, but I have seen posts here where people have been extremely creative with Ranger products that are not in the design guide.

Anyone here have have a driver's sliding door with 72" Ranger shelving?

Thanks,
--
Rex

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes I have that. I have the 72” flip down shelving on the drivers side and the 48” on the passenger side. With double sliding doors it makes it easy to access things. The shelving sticks past the opening and your able to grab items easily. The post mounts to the floor and there is a metal bracket at the top that you use to secure to the header above the door. I ended up using 3/4” Plywood blocks as spacers at the bottom of the posts. To make sure these top brackets reach the upper part of the wall easily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts