Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this Sprinter van install applicable for the Metris too? Is there anything to be aware of?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a house battery and relay installed by GTRV in my 2016 Metris camper. I can tell you that there is a lot of time when the engine is on but not sending a charge to the house battery. I'm not sure the reason this is so, but I can tell by the house battery's volt meter. So the video seems oversimplified.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a house battery and relay installed by GTRV in my 2016 Metris camper. I can tell you that there is a lot of time when the engine is on but not sending a charge to the house battery. I'm not sure the reason this is so, but I can tell by the house battery's volt meter. So the video seems oversimplified.
Is the house battery sufficiently charged? Or is it lacking?

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
That depends, ChuckM. Is 12.6v sufficient for the house battery? The Metris does charge the house battery more often when the house battery is down to 12.1v, like after camping a few days in one place. Still, the 12.6v level charge added from a few hours driving the Metris doesn't last as long as the full charge I get from leaving the house battery plugged in to 120 all night. My vehicle before this was a 2004 Ford E-250 Sportsmobile. With that set-up, every time the engine went on, it sent a full charge to the back battery. Same as the video you posted.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So Im looking at dc to dc smart chargers. Supposed to be able to top off house batteries. I want to have a complete picture before i commit to anything...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts