Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone been able to add or fabricated a downpipe? 2016 Metris here & trying to really give it a nice quick to complement the custom QUAD amg straight pipe exhaust system! thanks 馃檹馃徑

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, and people think I鈥檓 rude.
sorry bud , you didn鈥檛 answer my question as to what i asked specifically, correct? i was simply asking if someone has done or see anyone with a downpipe purchased or fabricated on a Metris as its hard to get any aftermarket parts as im sure you know , i meant no disrespect at all, just simply asking a question, the exhaust was done a while back , cat less, straight thought with 2 double amg exhaust as you see in the picture but, really looking to step it up a notch if possible of course, this forum seems to be the most knowledgeable metris group i鈥檝e seen so figured i asked, thank you

Registered
I鈥檓 not your Ask Jeeves, I鈥檓 engaging in conversation. I鈥檓 sure if somebody knew how to jam a quad-pipe installation around the spare tire, they鈥檇 have mentioned it by now.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I鈥檓 not your Ask Jeeves, I鈥檓 engaging in conversation. I鈥檓 sure if somebody knew how to jam a quad-pipe installation around the spare tire, they鈥檇 have mentioned it by now.
you still talking? wow, you must have nothing better to do than be a **** talker behind your computer, anyway be well 馃憤馃徑

Registered
Hi AMetrisG -- lemme stick my neck out and say it this way. It would be easier to help you if you could give us more info -- it looks like you've thought out a pretty interesting set up -- not sure on the looks but I could be persuaded and that's your biz anyhow, right? -- but the pic was the first we knew you'd modded it already.

It would be great if you told us what you've done so far, background on the build, etc. And, BTW, Welcome aboard!!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Hi AMetrisG -- lemme stick my neck out and say it this way. It would be easier to help you if you could give us more info -- it looks like you've thought out a pretty interesting set up -- not sure on the looks but I could be persuaded and that's your biz anyhow, right? -- but the pic was the first we knew you'd modded it already.

It would be great if you told us what you've done so far, background on the build, etc. And, BTW, Welcome aboard!!!!
thank you, yes minimal mods & picture doesn鈥檛 look great (i have an instagram page for it called " mb_metris_vito_amg 鈥 that ill be posting good quality pictures, you might like it better after that (or not), to each their own & i respect everyone鈥檚 opinion of course, i was just advised by my tuner to find a downpipe for it or maybe have someone fabricate one (which i know someone that can), just wanted to know if someone has that done already & if its worth it , also adding a much larger intercooler & whatever else i can, the intake alone was a super tedious job to make one & still not to my liking 馃挴 but sounds & breathes much better now (BOV also done) , ecu is getting done in about 2 weeks but that i will be without it for about a week total, thing is i wanted to do/add as much as possible before sending it to a full tune with as many parts as possible so i don鈥檛 keep going back & forth everytime i had another part....
tomorrow ill add more info here about it

Registered
AmetrisG, have you modified the crankcase vent system in any way? It has been problematic for some owners. Also, what HP are you shooting for..350? I never thought I would see some add performance mods on a metris van.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
AmetrisG, have you modified the crankcase vent system in any way? It has been problematic for some owners. Also, what HP are you shooting for..350? I never thought I would see some add performance mods on a metris van.
hello 馃憢馃徑
im aiming for whatever i can get LOL , downpipe & a good tune should get me at least 40-50 additional hp according to the tuner & from what he usually gets from 2.0 turbo MB motors , hes a very reputable guy in PA but the challenge so far was finding a downpipe for a metris , i have a shop that will fabricate one i just would prefer something already made & sold for it , it has a cold air intake & that alone was pain to install & removal of the stock box & plastics , straight thrust exhausts from headers down , BOV , sounds great but i need that extra HP otherwise all other things aren鈥檛 worth it

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Weistec has a downpipe forthe m274. May not work on the metris tho'
thank you sir, just got off the phone with them & unfortunately they don鈥檛 have anything available at all for my model, says he鈥檚 completely unfamiliar with the #w447 newer models....i guess fabrication it is LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts