Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

Double Passenger Seat - Three seats across front?

9K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  pounce 
#1 ·
Is it possible to get a double passenger seat in the cargo version so you can do three seats across front? I had seen some by doing searches on the Vito but I could not find any searches that came back to someone in US that could supply it. All my 'double seat' searches came back to the images of three across seats for rear.

#2 ·
The mounting pattern on the rails is different cargo vs passenger.
If you are willing to accept the legal liability for your rear seat passengers in the event of a crash, sure you could do it.
In fact, I'll sell you an unused 3 passenger rear seat in Tunja Black pretty reasonable. Even have the passenger rails for it.

I bailed on my plan because the cargo floor doesn't seem to have the necessary support for the seat.

Read here:
http://www.metrisforum.com/forum/393-interior-shelving/5457-seating-cargo-vs-passenger.html

#3 ·
I believe the OP is referring to something like this. The Promaster has an option for a dual seat on the passenger side. And the Vito, at least the older version, had an option for a similar seating arrangement. It would really be cool to have, especially with that empty space between the two seats.

#9 ·
exactly :) - I have seen a few examples online but all seem to be for the euro versions. but this is exactly what I need unless we decide to play rock/paper/sissors to see who gets to be cargo strapped down in the back every time we us the truck as a family.

#10 ·
So the stock ones from the UK look a tad slimmer, can anyone with a Metris passenger please measure across the rear double passenger seats that come with the US version and see if that one could be squeezed in place of the front passenger seat if removing armrest for driver or wont the door close anymore? I know obviousy there will be some mounting challenges. Thank you

Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Car seat cover
Plant Couch Comfort Automotive tire Rectangle