Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to get a double passenger seat in the cargo version so you can do three seats across front? I had seen some by doing searches on the Vito but I could not find any searches that came back to someone in US that could supply it. All my 'double seat' searches came back to the images of three across seats for rear.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The mounting pattern on the rails is different cargo vs passenger.
If you are willing to accept the legal liability for your rear seat passengers in the event of a crash, sure you could do it.
In fact, I'll sell you an unused 3 passenger rear seat in Tunja Black pretty reasonable. Even have the passenger rails for it.

I bailed on my plan because the cargo floor doesn't seem to have the necessary support for the seat.

Read here:
http://www.metrisforum.com/forum/393-interior-shelving/5457-seating-cargo-vs-passenger.html

·
Registered
98 Posts
I believe the OP is referring to something like this. The Promaster has an option for a dual seat on the passenger side. And the Vito, at least the older version, had an option for a similar seating arrangement. It would really be cool to have, especially with that empty space between the two seats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is exactly what I want but can't find anyone selling that seat in US. The promaster is where I started looking but it is a little big for my needs.

I believe the OP is referring to something like this. The Promaster has an option for a dual seat on the passenger side. And the Vito, at least the older version, had an option for a similar seating arrangement. It would really be cool to have, especially with that empty space between the two seats.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That is exactly what I want but can't find anyone selling that seat in US. The promaster is where I started looking but it is a little big for my needs.
I haven't seen the dual front for the W447 model (what we have), only for the W639 (older model in the UK). The seats between the two models look very different.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I looked for a similar seating arrangement for my cargo as I definitely desired seating for 3 but alas...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yah, but this dude drives on the wrong side of the road!
exactly :) - I have seen a few examples online but all seem to be for the euro versions. but this is exactly what I need unless we decide to play rock/paper/sissors to see who gets to be cargo strapped down in the back every time we us the truck as a family.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts