Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New here, but would appreciate any help looking over our order for new 2017 Metris vans.

Our show/production company has decided that the Metris will be our next "crew" production van platform, replacing our current fleet of 2008 Chevy 1/2 ton Suburbans. I will miss the Chevrolet's ultra comfy front seats with independent seat back/bottom seat heaters(awesome for sore backs!). Still, I think this platform will be fantastic for our type of work (ENG/EFP television production). We think the extremely flexible and open possibilities that this van will provide will work well. Double slider flip up tailgate with windowed divider in silver painted bumper version is the basic configuration.

Below are the van specifications of what we wanted (based on the Equipment Handbook 2016) The order sheet came back from the salesman with these packages listed:

2017 Cargo Metris
MODEL: MMCA2G
YEAR: 2017
COLOR: 744
UPHOLSTERY: VY2
BAUMUSTER: 447603
VPC: V7A

Accessories Packages:
D51 Cargo Partition W/fixed window
F61 Rear View Mirror
FZ5 Anti-Theft Warning System
JW0 Rear Backup Alarm
LC4 Premium Overhead Control Panel
T19 Sliding Door- Left Side
V85 Ashtrays-Front
W65 Single Flip-up Tailgate
W78 Window Rear Door and washers/wipers
CO1 Driver Comfort Package
CO3 Premium Safety
CO2 Driver Efficiency Package
CO5 Premium Exterior
C07 Cargo Protection Package
CO8 Cold Weather Package

I’ve noticed that there are some things we wanted that are not listed specifically above, but might actually be included in the “packages”. The things we want but I don’t see are:

CL1 Adjustable Steering Wheel
CM2 Painted Bumpers
FF1 Storage Tray(front)
T14 Active door(sliding) retainers
JA7 Blind Spot Assist

Thanks for any insight you might have!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Couple thoughts, since you asked.:grin:

Pretty sure all the things you wanted are included in the options packages you selected, but ask your dealer to be sure.

I came from a GMC Yukon so know what you mean about the seats and heaters. IMO the Metris kills the GMC in almost all departments seat wise. More comfortable, more adjustable, firmer with better support everywhere. Being able to move the lumbar up and down is a thing of beauty. Only downside is not having individual bottom/back heat controls, but otherwise I'm a happy sore back camper.

Only thing you might reconsider is the flip up tailgate. That was my first choice, but after looking and considering went with the 270 barn doors. That flip up gate is huge and needs to be constantly considered when backing into a loading area. Also longevity through multiple thousands of open and close cycles was a concern.

Course it's all personal preference. Maybe Flacca will give you his insight since he's adapted his Metris to your gig.

cheers,
parsi

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only thing you might reconsider is the flip up tailgate. That was my first choice, but after looking and considering went with the 270 barn doors. That flip up gate is huge and needs to be constantly considered when backing into a loading area. Also longevity through multiple thousands of open and close cycles was a concern.

Course it's all personal preference. Maybe Flacca will give you his insight since he's adapted his Metris to your gig.

cheers,
parsi
Thanks for the input. I can always get a little back heater that plugs into the cig. lighter I guess 0:)

We have the lift gates on the current Suburbans and have not had issues with the exception of me hitting my head on rare occasions. The guys really like that option for the rain protection it affords (though it hardly ever rains here in So. Ca) while prepping water sensitive electronic gear. I was surprised how much head room the door provides on the Metris. I'm 6'5" and can(barely) stand under it with out hitting my head. I can not do that with the Burb'n.

I noticed I missed a few other things we want.

L65 Cargo light sidewall
LC2 Light Strip LED rear
LD9 Overhead lights 2 (rear)
V42 Cargo lashing rails (waistline)
V43 Wood floor
VA3 Full height paneling sidewalls (rear door)

I'll double check with our dealer for all this too, but wanted a second opinion. Thanks again!

·
Registered
24 Posts
C07 Cargo Protection Package
Westfalia, I want lashing rails for my dog-mobile, but I'm curious if they come on the door portion of the vehicle. I'm considering getting the 4th door, but the lashing rails are important to be able to secure my crates. Could you post a picture of the waist-level lashing rails?

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Weird, I've been searching and definitely see the rails on the front part! My postcount is too low to link to an image from autotrader.

Great to know where to order them, though. Do you know if I could add the floor rails aftermarket? How are they attached--are they bolted through the body of the car? @parsi I'm searching cars based on hitches, and cargo protection packages, but if I could add all the rails aftermarket, it broadens my search. THanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
That is weird, don't know what to tell you. On my cargo, ordered without the cargo package, there are no mount points for forward rails but there are mount points for rear rails. Maybe with the cargo package they add them custom? But the dealer picture seems to contradict that. Maybe someone here with the official cargo package can chime in.

On my cargo there are no mount points for floor rails. I pulled the floor up to check. There are 8 D-ring tie downs in the floor if that helps.

Good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
After comparing lots of pictures, I think the lower plastic panel ordered independent of the cargo package is taller and screw into where the rails would otherwise go. It's midway up on the wall.

·
Registered
151 Posts
After comparing lots of pictures, I think the lower plastic panel ordered independent of the cargo package is taller and screw into where the rails would otherwise go. It's midway up on the wall.
Nope, here's a close up of my sidewall. All panels ordered after delivery, they're the same as with the cargo package installed. Look close and on the left you can see threaded mount points and spot weld tacks holding the support beam behind the frame. Same holes on the right but with no threading. It looks like it's possible to have mounts toward the front, but definitely not on mine. Maybe they changed things in later builds, it wouldn't be the first time.

http://www.metrisforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4601&stc=1&d=1489448026

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Look close and on the left you can see threaded mount points and spot weld tacks holding the support beam behind the frame. Same holes on the right but with no threading. It looks like it's possible to have mounts toward the front, but definitely not on mine. Maybe they changed things in later builds, it wouldn't be the first time.
Man, you got gypped :( I can see that you have the holes, but no threading.
Look at this picture at: images dot autotrader dot com /hn/c/701717a30a134bcf8ba21203f07df813.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts