Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day Yall... I"m researching vans for a future camper van project and I'm taking a hard look at the Metris... I really like the interiors of the European version the Marco Polo as seen in my profile... I have not driven one yet but it looks very appealing... One thing... I keep seeing a reoccurring comment about the small size of the outside rear view mirrors... Does any one know of source for an upgrade..? or has any one experimented with the larger Sprinter mirrors and/or any attempts at 3D printing new parts to fit?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hi there:

I think this issue has been addressed, or is at least a non-issue on my 2018 MMCA3G 135 WB. The 2018 DOG lists "ASPHERICAL MIRROR, PASSENGER SIDE" as standard equipment. Not sure what that means functionally, but my passenger side mirror does say "objects are closer than they appear" or some such.

I also have the "F68 HEATED AND ELECTRICALLY ADJUSTABLE MIRRORS" option which is described as "The heated and electrically adjustable exterior mirrors make the mirrors easier to use and adjust. The mirrors are adjustable via the control panel in the driver’s door and are electrically heated. The mirror heating is controlled as a function of the outside temperature."

In any event, although I preferred the asymmetrical setup on my Eurovan (with one mirror portrait and one mirror landscape), and the Metris mirrors are too car-like for a van, I don't feel unsafe.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Somewhere on this forum there were posts from at least one person who found a mirror (just the actual mirror I think) that is tapered or aspherical on the outer edge but fits the factory mirror housing. If I recall correctly, this included the heating and the triangle for the blind spot assist. I think this was a mirror from another MB model.

We should make a forum area that is just for part numbers...

update: I think I found it.
https://www.metrisforum.com/forum/385-appearance-body/1610-mirrors-14.html#post28873

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well folks... Couristy got the best of me... I visited my local MB dealership today and did a dry run through the build sheet process as if I was ordering a new Metris... Afterwards I test drove a passenger version... Really nice stuff! I was very impressed with the ride and feel of the van. I believe that the Metris is the closest vehicle to fitting my needs thats available in the U.S. market. As far as the rear view mirrors... I also believe that after all the work trucks and vans that MB has produced to date... Has to be many millions by now, that they are aware or even intentionally decided to use smaller vs bigger mirrors... After a test drive, I think the mirrors are probably adequate but this is a MB... The MB name alone implies that the vehicle exceeds adequate... Therefore I believe that at some point there will be an upgraded mirror set up in future models... I am hoping that is combined with a more user-friendly recline adjustment trigger mounted on the side of the seats... Those are my only two complaints... Otherwise the Metris seems like the most solid and best vehicle for my future van build.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts