Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone dislike the position and comfort of the door side armrests in the driver and passenger front? Wondering if the Euro Lux van has a padded/wider armrest installed? Or any other solutions out there?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
First of all:

Thats a door from a V-Class, the luxury version of the Vito, which is a diesel version of the Metris. It looks like that armrest is the same shape but wrapped in leather or Vinyl. I would also assume the V-class uses soft-touch plastics or vinyl-wrapping since it is a passenger-line Mercedes. It doesn't look padded, but you never know. Perhaps Vadim could answer your question better since he owns both a Metris and a V-class.

I don't use that armrest at all in any case. Jack up your seat slightly, tilt your wheel a bit higher, and enjoy resting your arm on the window sill. Which is where I rest it when I'm not holding on to the wheel, as on the highway, or at low speeds around town. Like a lot of MB-drivers, I'm a left handed wheel holder, due to the fact that in years past, all controls that required hands being off the wheel were located in the center of the vehicle, including window switches- I honestly can't fathom why they moved the things to a place as illogical as the door. Door mounted window switches mean you need a duplicate switch for the passenger side window, and precludes the front passenger from lowering the other windows in the car. Costs more, and is less convenient. Its nuts.

And no, I don't particularly find it uncomfortable.

Actually, this is the most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. I could drive my W124 E-class and W116 S-Class 400-500 miles in a day before feeling fatigued. I have done up to 700 miles in one day with the Metris, and have yet to experience discomfort, either that day or waking up the day after.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Greenmanedelion. I like the Metris ride and have clocked a couple 500 plus mile days in it already. I am generally a two hand steering wheel holder when rolling. I like the inside fold down armrest and if I could mount one on the door side of seat I would. I miss the fold downs on both sides of seat that were on my old Suburban-which this replaced. My brother is an upholsterer so I might approach him about making an addition to the door panel-if I can find a way to attach it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts