Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 cargo 126wb
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to order a Cargo Metris. I don't have the 2020 DOG yet, but in reading the 2019 DOG, the entry (pg. 10) for W17 2nd row fixed window passenger side has a footnote (22) which states "Requires D50 (solid partition) or D51 (partition w/window) plus F61 (interior rear-view mirror). To add insult to injury, you can't get H00 (warm/cool air duct to rear compartment) if you have either D50 or D51, according to footnote 15 for item H00.

Here's my question. Is this a hard rule by Mercedes, or have you actually seen a Metris Cargo with factory side window and no partition (from the factory)? If so, what year? I realize that some have removed the factory partition, but if what I read in the DOG is correct, you still don't have the H00 air duct.

If it is a hard Mercedes rule, what rationale could there be for only allowing a side window if you have a partition?

·
Registered
2020 cargo 126wb
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After talking to some Metris dealers, and with no useful responses in this forum, I have concluded that the only solution to this dilemma is to order the Cargo van without the window but with the heat/cool duct, and, of course, no partition. Then get an aftermarket window installed. This I have done. See my upcoming post detailing the build I ordered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts